New Galaxy S2 Full Specs Leaked

WenWM

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
gs2.jpg

The Samsung Galaxy S2 is expected to be one awesome device, and today’s pre-announcement leak proves that to be true. The new Galaxy S device will be improving every little aspect of its older brother. The device will start off by improving the display size from a modest 4.0 inch, all the way to 4.3 inch screen. Samsung is upgrading the processor from a simple 1GHz A series processor, to something a little more powerful. It will have the same clock speed, but with two cores. One of the best parts of the Fascinate was its incredibly thin body, and Samsung made that even better by reducing the size down to 8.49mm thick, and it now weighs only 116 grams.

Also, it’ll have “4G” (actually HSPA+), Wi-Fi a/b/g/n and Bluetooth 3.0+HS. The 802.11a standard uses the 5GHz band rather than the more common 2.4GHz so perhaps the WLAN radio of the Galaxy S2 will be dual-band for the other protocols too. There's also Bluetooth 3.0+HS, which should support 24Mbps data transfers.

Anyone excited for this next line of Samsung, or did the update fiasco turn you off? Let us know below.

GDP

Reaction score
It probably ships with Froyo, and a *promise* of a Gingerbread update in the "near future", which we all know means never

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums App

OP
W

WenWM

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
It probably ships with Froyo, and a *promise* of a Gingerbread update in the "near future", which we all know means never

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums App
Considering it won't make it to the market for quite a long time... It'll be very sad if that's what they actually do.

edbdroid

Reaction score
Not interested. Sammy has consistently proven their lack of interest in customer satisfaction by delaying updates to their devices for far too long.

All manufacturers have their upsides and downsides, but Samsung's downside is one I will not tolerate: disregard for the people who have *already* bought the product.

I'm just fervently hoping someone comes out with a LTE (sorry, HSPA+ won't cut it) device with a physical keyboard (Hello, Moto?). Otherwise, I'm sticking with my OG Droid.

RedTarget

Reaction score
The device, as with most of the products Samsung makes, looks incredible! As others have mentioned their lack of support on their products and history with being behind on OS updates really keeps me from being excited. If they could change their attitude on OS updates and enhancements I would jump on this as soon as it arrives. However having many Samsung smart phones over the years and dealing with the lack of updates really is a deal breaker for me.

Good hardware, bad software support.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
One rumor has it supposedly with 1gig ram. Too bad it's not LTE, and too bad it's Samsung.

devator22

Reaction score
After the Fascinate problems, I just couldn't justify buying a Samsung phone. At least not on Verizon. Up until the Atrix was announced, I'd say the Galaxy S was AT&T's best option, but now....sorry Sammy, but you can't alienate your customers and compete in the market.

moosez3

Reaction score
Samsung has to prove that the screen is not going to burnt to hell in a year, my D1 is at a year and a half and the screen is still 100% and the floor model phones have already burnt notifications and app tray icons.

jaycemiskel

Reaction score
Well the rumors also say it comes with GB so it should be current for at least a while. It would be nice if they released the drivers this time so that way there can be a lot of custom roms. I like the 1gb of ram though.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
Well the rumors also say it comes with GB so it should be current for at least a while. It would be nice if they released the drivers this time so that way there can be a lot of custom roms. I like the 1gb of ram though.

Gingerbread will be a very big deal, especially for dual-core. Not just because of support for dual core, but because a new SDK lets developers run native code directly. Will mean a lot more for games, but any CPU-intensive app is going to really benefit from that.

A dual-core running Froyo is just such a waste of potential.

vernontwg

Reaction score
oh my goodness, all these sammy haters. a lot of the update problem is because of the carrier; in europe, we've had 2.2 for ages

n2imagination

Reaction score
Yeah Im getting due for an update but this last massive clusterf of samsung with the lack of update and poor communication to its clients has totally turned me off sam.