Samsung Galaxy Note 5 Officially Revealed; Full Specs & Details

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
This phone is beast. I would have loved to see a 128GB version though.

I don't see a cause for all of the resistance about Sammy's new design.
Beast in what way. Please explain, and let's not talk about benchmarks which =no real world use.

Sent from my LG-V500 using Tapatalk

nalgon

Reaction score
I should of jumped on the $200 rebate that sammy was offering for the Note 4.

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
Beast in what way. Please explain, and let's not talk about benchmarks which =no real world use.

OK I will play along here.

Show me a phone with a better screen.
Show me a phone with a better camera.
Show me a phone with a better desktop companion software.
Show me a phone that mirrors to my television without any accessories.
Show me a phone that talks to my refrigerator.
Show me a phone that has a better pen.

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
OK I will play along here.

Show me a phone with a better screen.
Show me a phone with a better camera.
Show me a phone with a better desktop companion software.
Show me a phone that mirrors to my television without any accessories.
Show me a phone that talks to my refrigerator.
Show me a phone that has a better pen.
Show me a phone that will not have to be turned off "because the battery is almost dead", you know real world experience.
All the other things you mentioned are nothing but useless gimmicks that the majority of people don't care about. Also how is the screen better than on the Note 4, and the camera is slightly better because of the lower aperture. And the s-pen is a downgrade, more moving parts to break down, really how hard was it or is it to pull the pen out like on the Note 4, never had issues with it, it always works like a charm. It's ok, we get it, you like new and shiny things, but beneath all that shine lies a complete turd.

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
Well there ya go. You countered me with a Samsung phone.

I have never had to turn my phone off because of the battery.

Which OEM should I go with then?

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
We have to remember, the S6 also released with a smaller battery than the S5. BUT..... considering the S6 has a 1440 screen compared to the S5's 1080P, the battery life isn't too much worse. I'm sure the Note 5s chipset and 4GB ram will help to optimize battery life.

S5 tap'n

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
All the other things you mentioned are nothing but useless gimmicks that the majority of people don't care about.
I don't see where Ollie is claiming that this device is great for the majority of people. He's stated more than once that, for his particular likes and needs, these phones serve his purpose.

If they don't serve yours, that's fine, but I'm not sure why you've made it your mission to try and convert the world. You may not be a fanboy, but you're acting like the "anti-fanboy." I don't think anyone here doubts that you completely hate Samsung and Touchwiz. You've made your point, but just because you hate it doesn't mean that other people do.

I have the Note 4 and I don't have the same complaints that you have about it. I do have other complaints particular to my own personal use of the device, but I don't expect you to agree with the issues I have. It's served me well in spite of those things, but I'll be moving to another OEM when I'm ready to upgrade because I like change.

realged13

Reaction score
I was actually starting to think about getting this phone, but after I saw the battery and no SD card, it went out the door. I bet this device is going to be a major flop. I'd love for someone executive to come out and say why, but it will never happen.

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
I was actually starting to think about getting this phone, but after I saw the battery and no SD card, it went out the door. I bet this device is going to be a major flop. I'd love for someone executive to come out and say why, but it will never happen.
Samsung know this will be a flop, their whole thing was hoping that the S6 would be a success, which it was not, and are now using up whatever parts they bought and manufactured for the S6 and use them in the S6/Note.

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
I don't see where Ollie is claiming that this device is great for the majority of people. He's stated more than once that, for his particular likes and needs, these phones serve his purpose.

If they don't serve yours, that's fine, but I'm not sure why you've made it your mission to try and convert the world. You may not be a fanboy, but you're acting like the "anti-fanboy." I don't think anyone here doubts that you completely hate Samsung and Touchwiz. You've made your point, but just because you hate it doesn't mean that other people do.

I have the Note 4 and I don't have the same complaints that you have about it. I do have other complaints particular to my own personal use of the device, but I don't expect you to agree with the issues I have. It's served me well in spite of those things, but I'll be moving to another OEM when I'm ready to upgrade because I like change.
Maybe because you never used the Note 4 next to a pure Android device to see what a slog it really is, the Note 4 should be more than what it is with the powerful hardware that is inside it's chassis, but it is not, I am not the only one who has said this.

Last edited by a moderator:

hammerhead13

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note10+ 5G
I am definitely not Buying either of these Devices. With the S6 Edge Plus being almost the Same phone minus the S-Pen, totally Feel like Samsung is giving their customers the shaft. I will be leaving Samsung aswell as VZW and will be exploring new options. I am not Leasing or Contracting either of these devices and sure as hell not paying retail either. Major Let down! I will spend $300 and buy a ZenPhone 2 with 4GB of Ram.

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
Of course it will, you must also believe in flying unicorns.

pi9bc5T.jpg

S5 tap'n

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Verizon is $792 for 64gb. $696 for 32gb. Meanwhile, you can easily find a 32gb card for less than $20, not to mention the ones I already have.

sent from my Note3, (currently, but soon to be??) using tapatalk