Galaxy Note 5 and Galaxy S6 Edge+ specs leaked by Middle Eastern Retailer

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
It does not work like that, you can't just add an SD expansion card slot in the last minute, once the design is done and approved and it goes into the development stage it's all but done, and that happened over six months ago, not just last week. As I type this Samsung is already working on the Galaxy S7 and Note 6.
The idea that last minute change could happen is not likely but worth entertaining. It wouldn't be unheard of for a design flaw to be reconsidered and that option to be included in a future release. Maybe a little late for this phone but just maybe it was a consideration from the beginning.

sent from my Note3, (currently, but soon to be??) using tapatalk

Last edited:

Miklb58

Silver Member
Reaction score
The idea that last minute change could happen is not likely but worth entertaining. It wouldn't be unheard of for a design flaw to be reconsidered and that option to be included in a future release. Maybe a little late for this phone but just maybe it was a consideration from the beginning.

I agree. They could have designed the phone with a non functioning SD slot, that would simply require a software setting change to make it functional prior to release.
It's fun to speculate at least

Sent from my Verizon Galaxy Note4 using Tapatalk

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
I agree. They could have designed the phone with a non functioning SD slot, that would simply require a software setting change to make it functional prior to release.
It's fun to speculate at least

Sent from my Verizon Galaxy Note4 using Tapatalk
Yes, I think it's important to dream, lol! That's how the greatest phones are designed. How 'bout the SD slot was there and functional the entire time but well hidden. Samsung wanted to test the no sdcard slot out in the real world just to see what would happen. Then after months of low sales and people complaining, samsung admits "psych everyone, the sd slot is there hidden underneath and behind that little groove located under the speaker grill... "