Sad I have a D2G

robotsandwrestlers

Reaction score
I was on here under a different user name but now that I'm posting I need to be anonymous. First, let me say thanks to the great Droid community and all the fantastic developers out there on this Board.

Asurion sent me a D2G after I ruined my D2. I started with the OG Droid last year but have done the two "upgrades" due to equipment or owner errors! It turns out these darn phones aren't waterproof :)

Well I loved my OG Droid, especially once I rooted it. I tried Cyanogen, Ultimate Droid, Bugless Beast, and settled on Project Elite. That ROM was super fast and smooth with no frills. It really let me see my phone's potential!

I was very disappointed when I got my D2. While the speed was noticeably better out of box, I hate the changes Motorola made to the graphics (e.g. sliders, contact icons, etc.) and the programs. The phone became just a tool and not something I even enjoyed using.

Liberty finally enticed me to root and man I was in love with my Droid again!!! I had no problems with Liberty except when I tried to install Revolution Remix (my favorite theme) through Liberty Toolbox, which gave me a bootloop. Easy enough fix...

So now here I am with a D2G. Again, this phone is even faster. But the battery life STINKS even making adjustments. And here I am with Blur and all this crap and my Droid brings me no joy. No ROMs but Fission in sight... sigh.

I sure wish I could trade this to somebody else for their Incredible or not be stuck with it for another year under VZW's upgrade policy.

Thanks for letting me complain.

Last edited:

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
What led you to return your droid 2? That really does suck though. Global is really not modder friendly right now.

tappin and a talkin

OP
robotsandwrestlers

robotsandwrestlers

Reaction score
What led you to return your droid 2? That really does suck though. Global is really not modder friendly right now.

tappin and a talkin

Phone died. Asurion gave me a choice between the D2G and the R2D2.

trook

Reaction score
That's awful, I'm sorry. Fission is still a good rom and its still far better than stock.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

want a droid

Reaction score
That's the worst. I'm going to be super careful with my Droid 2 now. I would hate to have to pick between D2G and R2D2.

OP
robotsandwrestlers

robotsandwrestlers

Reaction score
That's awful, I'm sorry. Fission is still a good rom and its still far better than stock.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

Unfortunately, I don't think the 2.4.330 SBF is out yet so Fission is not an option.

I know a guy who wants to trade his Incredible. What would that mean for me with my warranty, insurance, and upgrade coverage?

Thanks

Scan1on

Reaction score
The sbf is out and flashing to fission is as easy as 1,2,3. Theres vids on youtube and team defuse even gives your a step by step guide. With fission installed and setcpu I easily get ~18 hours of battery life outta my phone.

Merc

Reaction score
I hated stock too, it really sucked. I flashed fission really quickly after rooting and it turned my phone into an awesome piece of technology and it is the best phone I have ever had! I had a DX, but I couldn't stand the size, so that makes this compact phone that much better.

grimloktt

Reaction score
Is fission currently the only available ROM for the Droid 2 Global?

jbdow

Reaction score
and so what about those who are easily satisfied ?
got my d2g a month ago tomorrow - the sales dude informed me that a lot
of people bring their phones back in a couple days (if their new to smartphones)
due to them being "overwhelmed" by the os, and everything else. I guess i
may have given that impression...I like this thing just the way it is, stock
wallpaper even, and not only am i dodging root+ glitches and headaches,
i'm also thinking that if i'm real careful, i might find some fully compatible and
useful apps for it ! oh yeah. I wouldn't trade for anything for at least a year and
a half, i'm betting.... oh well, to each his own...

hey there! :yahoo: