D2G reactivation

Uncle700

Reaction score
I have upgraded to a D3 and have a D2G that I just restored back to factory status. When I now turn on the D2G it wants to be activated. What happens if I continue with the activation as I do not have a phone line for it and do not want additional charges from Verizon? Will it just complete and let me add to my WIFI?

Thanks for the help.

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
At the first screen with the green Android, hit the four corners in this order:

Top left, top right, bottom right, bottom left.

That will allow you to skip past all the crap and you wont have to activate it.

random rom'd X

OP
U

Uncle700

Reaction score
Thanks Brad that worked. Do you know if you can get the gingerbread update over WIFI or is it just OTA?

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
I have upgraded to a D3 and have a D2G that I just restored back to factory status. When I now turn on the D2G it wants to be activated. What happens if I continue with the activation as I do not have a phone line for it and do not want additional charges from Verizon? Will it just complete and let me add to my WIFI?

Thanks for the help.

It won't activate if you already have another line open on that number...this happend to me..but I have heard of it being possible to activate but I never had a problem...but yes Brad has you covered I buy phones and sell them, fix them all up etc.(side job for cigs) lol and you won't believe half the people that didn't know this tap trick...lol bu being the guy I am, I show them and if they still want to sell or donate it, I take it...usually I help others with these devices that can't afford them..so makes me feel good and buy cigs...lol (however I don't condone smoking) :) these devices are able to do so much without data, why let them sit in a drawer? Lol

My D2 is miles ahead of me running Cm7GB(OTAkernel)

TwoBuells

Reaction score
My D2G is my main phone. My old Droid 1 is not activated butI use it over WiFi. I can get my email, surf the net, it’s a great little MP3player with Bluetooth. My Droid 1 is running Gingerbread (Chevy 01). It does everything myD2G does but phone and text msg. But I took it one step further and added theLine 2 app and its now a VoIP phone, with my home phone as the number. Then Icanceled my home phone which I never use. Line 2 app 9.95 a month vs. 37 bucksa month for my land line that I never used and was able to keep my home number I’vehad for many years.

Gasai Yuno

Reaction score
Thanks Brad that worked. Do you know if you can get the gingerbread update over WIFI or is it just OTA?
I'm not sure where all these rumours are born.

To update you need a data connexion. Doesn't matter if it's WiFi, 3G, 2G, or the dimensional fold transport protocol.

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
This forum is soaking in rumors..lol But I enjoy helping whoever needs it...

My D2 is miles ahead of me running Cm7GB(OTAkernel)