S3 for cheap vs. S4 contract price

Eclipse7

Reaction score
Right now I have a OG Droid Razr and I have an upgrade in July. My friend is willing to sell her S3 to me for $100 because she is getting the S4.

Should I buy her S3 or wait till July and get the S4. Trying to decide based on price and difference between the phones.

Please help!

jgmecarter

Reaction score
Buy her S3 put it on eBay for a 150 then buy the S4 in July. As far as the phones go it all depends on what you do with your phones. If you want to play games and watch movies and take pictures then the S4 will be the better phone. The S3 is a great phone and will work just fine for what ever you use it for but the S4 will do everything the S3 will do just a lot better

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
For $100 I'd take the S3 and save your upgrade. The S3 now has a lot of similar features to the S4 anyway. Then, worst case scenario, you wait a few months and see what else comes down the pipe, and if it's nothing that impresses you, do what jgmecarter suggested. By then the S4 could be pretty cheap via Amazon or other 3rd party retailers anyway. The S3 (unless it's really beat up) is definitely worth more than $100 regardless, and should continue to be.

OP
E

Eclipse7

Reaction score
Thanks jntdroid and jgmecarter.

Anybody else?

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
S3, the phone is still fantastic, and wait to use your upgrade on the new devices coming out later this year with the Snapdragon 800 chip, Note 3 being one of the new devices with the new chipset.

TatDroid

Reaction score
I'd take the S3 for $100 in a heartbeat. I've been checking out nearly new S3's on Craigslist for a while now, and $275 is about the cheapest for one in nice condition. $100 is a steal. If you decide to upgrade later you could still probably get WAY more than $100 for it.

jgmecarter

Reaction score
Other than the camera on the S4 you will not be missing to much by using the S3. I have two S3 and a note 2. I was going to get the S4 but then I decided to stick with my note 2 and I bought a galaxy camera. But I will be buying the galaxy note 3 when it come out.

jgmecarter

Reaction score
The only problem with going to Verizon and getting a new S3 is that they would have to give up there upgrade for it. Why not spend the hundred dollars keep your upgrade and then when a phone comes out that they know that they want comes out sell the S3 and use the upgrade. They will not be out any money doing it this way. They actually would be saving money by doing this