samsung galaxy s3 vs nexus

MrBunster

Reaction score
bsweetness said:
Google Now is in all of the leaked Jelly Bean updates for the international S3, so it should definitely be in the updates for the U.S. versions. S Voice is present as well.

Is S Voice still launched by double tapping the home button? If so, how is Google Now launched on the leaks? I'm guessing the Mic on the search bar, but I don't know.

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
pc747 said:
Based on the note 2 vids it looks like s voice is still there. But because of the patent suits I would not be surprised if the jb in the states is removed for Google now.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Google now has nothing to do with the patent suits.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I was referring to the patent suit between apple and samsung and since s voice is very similar to siri carriers in the states may lean on samsung to leave it out hence samsung just using Google now instead.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
Is S Voice still launched by double tapping the home button? If so, how is Google Now launched on the leaks? I'm guessing the Mic on the search bar, but I don't know.

I don't know for sure. I've just read that Google Now is included in all of the various S3 Jelly Bean leaks. I haven't seen how it's launched as opposed to S Voice.

MrBunster

Reaction score
I'd like to configure it to completely replace S Voice (as I'm sure most other people would, as well). That means seamless home button tapping!

MrBunster

Reaction score
Z06_Mir said:
Some of us don't follow the roms and stuff though.

Agreed. I did once, but it's too exhausting now that I have a real job. It's nice to have a phone that's always working, that I never have to pamper to get it to act the way I want it.

That I'm not constantly thinking about....

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
No. The nexus will be kept alive by dev support long after the S3 has run its course.

Sent from the One Piece.

From a hardware standpoint, yes the S3 is more future proof. While development won't be at the level of the Nexus, there will be plenty of longterm development for the S3, particularly because of the hardware.

And, not that Samsung necessarily will because they'll be focused on newer devices, the hardware in the S3 technically should make it more future proof as far as official updates go since it will be physically capable of more than the Nexus. As just noted by multiple posters, not everyone will be interested in tracking down custom ROMs, so the potential for official support is important to many.

Last edited:

Syraz

Reaction score
I just upgraded from the Nexus to the s3, I love the nexus but battery life I could never get good even with extended battery, seems always had it on charger twice a day. The speaker was way to quiet. the 4.6"screen which didnt take in consideration of the on screen nav bar. little things sure. but really just wanted a new toy and move away from roms and all that since got a lot on my plate with life..

anu

Reaction score
hi..
The Samsung Galaxy Nexus is a big step forward for Android, but it's not the giant leap you may have been expecting. As impressive as it is, Ice Cream Sandwich can be messy, and without it, the Galaxy Nexus is just another Android device.
Pumped with high-performing hardware and creative software features, the Samsung Galaxy S3 is an excellent, top-end phone that's neck and neck with the HTC One X.

fusion techware

jwilly216

Reaction score
Crankintopwater69 said:
Sir,Im not trying to be funny,but you've got to do some homework yourself.Why are you asking people on this site about the diff between the S3 and the Nexus.Ive seen people post links and everything else.Ive been in the S3 forums for only a wk now(coming from Nexus)and like someone else said,what more info do you want.Make your mind,get a S3 or the Nexus,and enjoy.

There's an absurd amount of awesome features that the S3 introduced that the nexus nor any other phone can do at this time.
Picture in picture anyone?