[Rumor] 'The Next Galaxy' (aka the SGS3) Coming to Verizon Summer 2012!

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
android_logo_verizon.jpg

Image Source: Norebbo

BGR brings some pretty exciting news... Supposedly their sources indicate that the Samsung Galaxy S III will indeed be coming to Verizon sometime in the Summer of 2012! Verizon customers can commence the happy dance now! dancedroid dancedroid dancedroid

Sidenote - This same story also indicated that we haven't seen the best from HTC or Motorola yet either. BGR claims to have a tentative roadmap for VZW, and this roadmap shows some interesting things. First, there are several different RAZR devices scheduled throughout this year. Second, HTC is planning a more powerful flagship device for either late Summer or early Fall of this year. Here's a quote with more details:

Speaking of Android smartphones, there are “multiple” Motorola RAZR models due to hit Verizon in the coming months, one of which will most likely be the Motorola RAZR HD (or a name similar to that) with a larger and clearer display.

HTC might actually be the star of the Android show this time around though, as we have been told HTC will have a major flagship device hitting Verizon shelves in the fall. It’s said to feature a whopping 5-inch 1080p HD display (a non-PenTile screen), a new chipset that includes a quad-core Krait CPU and an Adreno 320 GPU, HTC Sense 5 and a Scribe pen. Yes, HTC is launching a Galaxy Note competitor.

We now have a custom section here at DroidForums.net for the new SGS3. For more discussions, you can check it out here: Samsung Galaxy S3.

Updated: Some of our astute readers have pointed out that the title of this piece seemed to be a bit too "definitive" in describing the crux of this story, so to appease all our "sticklers", we have amended the title. We do want to point out that in the actual meat of the story, we did use the word "supposedly" when referring to BGR's sources, thus covering our butts. Sometimes in life you spend so much time playing "CYA" that you are doing nothing but looking behind yourself. Sometimes you just gotta move forward in life without always expecting to get your butt chewed... Regardless, we love and appreciate you guys for keeping us on our toes!!!! And, I do mean that in all sincerity! Holding us to a high standard helps us become better at what we do! Keep it up guys! :)

Source: BGR

Last edited:

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
If this is true, and it has the Exynos processor, I'll have to get it. I love the size of the Note, but the SGS3 has my eyes.

77Pat

Reaction score
I am eligible to upgrade in July, but I think it will be best to wait until Fall to see how things play out (especially if the rumors are true about Jelly Bean being introduced- would be good going up against the iPhone 5). I hope Motorola releases something non RAZR since I do not care about thin and find the current RAZR to be a little too wide in hand (similar to the Samsung Captivate for ATT).

AuxiliaryPie

Reaction score
the longer you can wait the better phone youll get! exciting to see all this coming to VZW, along with their promise to bring out WP8 big next year

kinfolk248

Reaction score
:blink:

if the 'gsIII' does come to verizon this summer i bet it gets better updates than the nexus...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BenLand150

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yes! Oh man, this summer is going to be awesome for me! I already have a lot of things planned, this is just making it better. Hopefully this is true.

armeddroid

Reaction score
I dropped this link earlier this morning about BGR article. Also stating HTC will drop a non pentile Galaxy Note competitor with a stylus pen. S3 will be for me. Hopefully VZ gets it soon!

Valvoline

Reaction score
:biggrin::icon_ lala:
Yesssssss! I've beeneligible for an update since march and have been waiting for this news. Sg3 is it for me! I was going to have to'settle' for the nexus otherwise. Lol

Maverick0984

Reaction score
Good to see an Galaxy variant making it to Verizon finally, SGI, SGII, SGIII, etc. (Nexus is kind of in a class of its own).

cush2push

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
there are several different RAZR devices scheduled throughout this year.
This line scares me this is the same thing moto did and nearly went bankrupt nearly a decade ago with the razr and krazr crap

Also im happy that sammy sg3 is coming to verizon

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Briankbl

Reaction score
Again, misleading topic titles to get hits. Rumors being posted as news. Doesn't the news team even remember the ginormous Galaxy Nexus debacles???

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Droid Forums

BigZig

Reaction score
It's not the news teams fault if you think of this as anything other than rumor. Eveything is a rumor until VZW puts out an official press release that a phone is going to be released on there Network. Which we all know they will not do untill the last minute. So if you want them to put rumor in the headline i am sure they can do that just for you.

Detonation

Reaction score
I'm all for posting rumors, but give them a proper headline. The title of this post makes it sound like it's a guarantee, which clearly it is not.