[Rumor] 'The Next Galaxy' (aka the SGS3) Coming to Verizon Summer 2012!

Zecpull

Reaction score
I can Not believe the Nexus had ICS in December.. and there are so Few Phones with it Now..? They have talked about it coming to the Bionic for Months. I was not impressed with the last Samsung Nexus.

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
I forgot to mention the Stratosphere. It was a Galaxy S phone as well.

I wonder what makes a Galaxy S phone. Cause the Illusion also has a Hummingbird CPU like the other three.

kparks

Reaction score
So the HTC devise might actually be better than Samsung's Galaxy S3

Prolly about the same... I'll be getting the next htc device with a 4.3 inch screen or bigger to hit VZW.. please please please have a big battery

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

SwiftLegend

Reaction score
I read on another site that the roadmap states the SG3 will have a dual core. If that's true, why is it that the US variant is always toned down? I mean even with the One X. The European variant has a quad-core, but all the US variants don't.

EDIT: If this comes out soon, I may just wait with my broken GNexus and just get this.

Last edited:

armeddroid

Reaction score
SwiftLegend said:
I read on another site that the roadmap states the SG3 will have a dual core. If that's true, why is it that the US variant is always toned down? I mean even with the One X. The European variant has a quad-core, but all the US variants don't.

EDIT: If this comes out soon, I may just wait with my broken GNexus and just get this.

The LTE chip prevents quadcore.

Briankbl

Reaction score
There has been no indication that this is a rumor. BGR is typically very reliable when posting internal Verizon information, and we have no reason to suspect otherwise. In the original source of the story from BGR, they didn't indicate in any way that this was a rumor. It could turn out to be wrong, but we can't post everything up as a rumor, because then over half our breaking news articles will be purely speculative. Sometimes you just have to trust the source of a story. Sometimes you get burned, but sometimes you don't. ;)

Okay, I have to say a few things.

1. No indication that this was a rumor?????????????? Taken straight from the source article:

"For starters, Verizon Wireless will indeed
be offering the Samsung Galaxy S3 —
Verizon notably passed on the Galaxy S
II in favor of the Samsung Galaxy Nexus
but we don’t know when the carrier will
start selling Samsung’s new
flagship smartphone.
While we have a
clear picture of Verizon’s fall smartphone
lineup, we would assume the Galaxy S III
will be available over the summer."

2. Don't you guys remember the release date debacle when the DF news team announced that it had the OFFICIAL release date for the Galaxy Nexus...even though it hadn't been confirmed by Verizon, Samsung, or Google?

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/showthread.php?t=186183

3. The staff here is better than this. When you post articles like these, it looks like you are doing it only to drive up site hits/traffic. Stop it.

Thank you.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

armeddroid

Reaction score
Crankintopwater69 said:
Ill take a SG3 with Exynos and 3g anyday of the wk touchwiz and all.

Idk. I practically have 4G everywhere I go and it's been great. Speed is def there but my thoughts about it being LTE d-core.
It's a toned down, more or less to a suped up SG2.
I might get it. Wanna see wassup with HTC first.

Crankintopwater69

Silver Member
Reaction score
Idk. I practically have 4G everywhere I go and it's been great. Speed is def there but my thoughts about it being LTE d-core.
It's a toned down, more or less to a suped up SG2.
I might get it. Wanna see wassup with HTC first.
Im gonna checkout the the X also.

armeddroid

Reaction score
I already demo'd ATT's One X and if this comes to VZ, I'll probably get that instead. Heard Samsungs GPS has always been skittish. HTC's version, from my exp will be hard to beat and having a good navigation system is a must for me.
But since I demo'd the One X, I want to do the same for the SGS3. I already demo'd the Galaxy Note. That phone just to freaking big. It's ridiculous.
HTC will drop a competitor to the G-Note according to this article. So we shall see.

Last edited:

JoeyJ

Reaction score
If the HTC note competitor comes with the one x camera then I'm all over that. I use my phone as a camera and pretty much a computer since I dropped my laptop and broke it.

Sent from my ADR6350 using DroidForums