[Rumor] 'The Next Galaxy' (aka the SGS3) Coming to Verizon Summer 2012!

skennelly

Reaction score
:biggrin::icon_ lala:
Yesssssss! I've beeneligible for an update since march and have been waiting for this news. Sg3 is it for me! I was going to have to'settle' for the nexus otherwise. Lol

My thoughts exactly!

OP
dgstorm

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
There has been no indication that this is a rumor. BGR is typically very reliable when posting internal Verizon information, and we have no reason to suspect otherwise. In the original source of the story from BGR, they didn't indicate in any way that this was a rumor. It could turn out to be wrong, but we can't post everything up as a rumor, because then over half our breaking news articles will be purely speculative. Sometimes you just have to trust the source of a story. Sometimes you get burned, but sometimes you don't. ;)

BenLand150

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
The Next Galaxy MAY be coming to Verizon in 2012, would make for a better title since it is by fact.

But either way, rumors are apart of news. If you follow tech you should know that. Look at any other site for proof of that.

npro1464

Reaction score
Great, so it'll be here in November sometime.

Seriously though, I think this means we can forget about getting the next Nexus. Hope you enjoyed it, it should be the last time. Verizons excuse for not carrying the GS2 was bc they had the Galaxy Nexus. Well, Verizon royally screwed up the launch of that phone. And im betting VZ doesn't see the Nexus as a "successful" phone anyway. They much rather have something they can plug in CityID, Blockbuster app, Bing and Let's Golf 2 and hopefully lock the bootloader while their at it.

That being said, if it is rootable and I am able to flash Roms on it, I'll be getting this bad boy sometime in January.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Can't wait to see it in person. I'm eligible for an upgrade but I don't think I can part with my Nexus

sbenson

Silver Member
Reaction score
Can't wait to see it in person. I'm eligible for an upgrade but I don't think I can part with my Nexus

I'm excited for this, as I am with any new phone, but at the same time I'm absolutely content with my Nexus. However, if the SIII is as good as everyone hopes, this may be a good excuse for my wife to inherit my Nexus and for me to pick up a shiny new SIII.

Crankintopwater69

Silver Member
Reaction score
Will it be pushing 4.0.2? :D Seriously,I guess it'll be pushing 4.0.7-8,and how long will it have to wait for JB?,or will Google be nice enough to preinstall it with JB?,for the new kids on the block-JB stands for Jelly Bean,Googles next desert.

BigZig

Reaction score
Will it be pushing 4.0.2? :D Seriously,I guess it'll be pushing 4.0.7-8,and how long will it have to wait for JB?,or will Google be nice enough to preinstall it with JB?,for the new kids on the block-JB stands for Jelly Bean,Googles next desert.

Don't count on it having JB. Google almost always lauches new OS's on a Nexus Device.