[Rumor] Quad-Core Asus Eee Pad Transformer 2 May Launch November 7th

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
eee-pad-transformer-2-uk-site.jpg

If this one turns out to be true, it will be a bit of a surprise. According to some industry intel, Asus' Eee Pad Transformer 2 quad-core follow-up product, could come as early as November 7th. The leak comes from a UK component shop called LambdaTek which actually listed it on their site. The tablet was referred to as model number TF201-1I020A, and is already priced at £537.85 including VAT. It also showed an in-stock date of November 7th.

Even if you adjust for conversion and different market dynamics, this price is a bit steeper than the $499 that the CEO of ASUS, Jerry Shen, recently indicated. Still, who knows how the pricing will actually break down once it hits North American shores. The specs on this device are pretty beastly:
  • Quad-core Tegra 3 processor from NVIDIA
  • 32GB of storage
  • 1GB of RAM
  • 10.1-inch display
  • Android 3 Honeycomb
What do you think of this news if it turns out to be accurate?

Source: AndroidTablets.net and TransformerForums via BGR

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
1gig ram? Tarnation....a beast like that should have 2gigs so it's got some good shelf life.

tennvol

Reaction score
Im sure this is true since I bought my transformer 1 last week.

Sent from my DROID PRO using DroidForums

gadgetrants

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel

Did you snag the Newegg tablet+dock/keyboard deal? It stings a little to see the quad core, but other than 1080p and maybe some games, I'm not sure the quad core offers more than bragging rights for a while. Hopefully it *will* be $800 -- at least for early adopters.

-Matt

bigfake23

Reaction score
1 gB of ram!?! Honeycomb!?! Come on ASUS, you can do 2 gB and Ice Cream Sandwich.

GBH2

Reaction score
It looks like a nice tablet ... but I think I would rather buy 5 Kindle Fire Tablets for the money. :)

I think these tablet manufacturers will find that they are going to struggle without the "fruit" branding, a massive content delivery structure like Amazon or just amazing specs for a dirt cheap price.

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I have been waiting for this.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

rubiksc00p

Reaction score
Somewhere on this amazing ball of creation!
It looks like a nice tablet ... but I think I would rather buy 5 Kindle Fire Tablets for the money. :)

I think these tablet manufacturers will find that they are going to struggle without the "fruit" branding, a massive content delivery structure like Amazon or just amazing specs for a dirt cheap price.

Agreed, Sammy most definitely needs fruit branding! Pineapple anyone? watermelon would be legit too! xD

Well yeah, they want you to by both tablets! ;)

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
I would think someone will figure out how you can make a lapdock yourself for $100-150, some time and elbow grease. I mean, the guts and software are pretty much all on the phone.

And I'd love to see one of these where your phone docks in such a manner that it becomes the touchpad. Perhaps a bit too large, but an extended battery and perhaps a nice SSD, maybe put some really nice speakers in?

rubiksc00p

Reaction score
I would think someone will figure out how you can make a lapdock yourself for $100-150, some time and elbow grease. I mean, the guts and software are pretty much all on the phone.

And I'd love to see one of these where your phone docks in such a manner that it becomes the touchpad. Perhaps a bit too large, but an extended battery and perhaps a nice SSD, maybe put some really nice speakers in?

If all goes a rumored, we'll see a tablet dock with the prime.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
If all goes a rumored, we'll see a tablet dock with the prime.

I would go nuts over that. I don't think it will happen, though, as that rumor didn't seem to have any legs.

That would be crazy, though. A tablet/netbook/smartphone in 1 device? I wouldn't blink over paying $1000 for that (assuming VZW didn't want to charge a tether fee).

rubiksc00p

Reaction score
I would go nuts over that. I don't think it will happen, though, as that rumor didn't seem to have any legs.

That would be crazy, though. A tablet/netbook/smartphone in 1 device? I wouldn't blink over paying $1000 for that (assuming VZW didn't want to charge a tether fee).

Ya never know...those 3 dots... xD ;)

I heared that if all goes as rumored it'll have a lightsaber and hyperdrive capabilities. It will also have a full Swiss army knife controlled by an app! ;)