ASUS Eee Pad Transformer 2 with Ice Cream Sandwich and Tegra 3 Coming Oct/Nov

mach330

Reaction score
i liked the transformer as well. if that's the case, i'll wait for the new version. i definitely like the kb dock as well.

x02ssmarox

Reaction score
If you really think it cost $399 to manufacture that tablet, than you're nuts. I can imagine it costing more than $150 from soup to nuts.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

barski

Reaction score
I hope this rumor is true. Just about pulled the trigger on a transformer, but this new rumor makes it easier to wait.

jnmigr

Reaction score
If you really think it cost $399 to manufacture that tablet, than you're nuts. I can imagine it costing more than $150 from soup to nuts.

I said it might be around the $200, since it being stated that Asus make the extra cash from the keyboard, And the keyboard will support next generation of TF.

Why people right away want the new tegra3? Is it but i find it funny that we TF have a badass Tegra2 and still not able to install 70% to 80% of the app. I said it before instead of tegra3 all i care is of ice cream sandwich, less fragmentation and more developer.

BlacknTan

Reaction score

That's just manufacturing costs. Add other overhead, such as research and development, marketing, logistics (shipping and warehousing units) and I can see how the units might break even at $399.

It's not like these tablets spring up from the ground. A lot of money goes into designing, developing, testing, and marketing.

XnTriumph

Reaction score
It can't be true.. A quad core, latest android, not possible for $399.

They can sell the tablet for way more than that, they won't make any money off of selling it for cheap unless their tablets become much more popular. If it's that cheap it can't be any good.. If that's true, Buy me one :D

azules9780

Reaction score
I wanted the original TF and I still do. I will be holding off a little bit to see if this is going to come out because if it's true, count me as 1 sold unit for ASUS. I could care less that things don't properly utilize the cores yet, they will at some point.