[Rumor] ASUS Eee Pad Transformer Probably Coming End of April for $399

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Asus-Eee-Pad-Transformer-399-by-the-end-of-April.jpg

Previously, we shared industry intel that the ASUS Eee Pad Transformer will be coming soon for about $400 bucks. Industry sources have now made that price even more likely, and the device may come even sooner than expected. Supposedly, the 16 GB version of the Eee Pad Transformer, will come before the end of April and the $399 price is accurate. This will be really exciting if it turns out to be true. This would mean the tablet-wars have heated up even earlier this year than expected, and we can see some price drops throughout the market very soon.

To put it in perspective, current pricing on the two Android tablets in the market that are most like the Eee Pad Transformer are $500 bucks for the 16GB Wi-Fi Acer Iconia Tab, and $600 for the 32GB Motorola Xoom. Of course, as we have shared previously, the Transformer also has the option of the $150 keyboard dock with extra connections and battery, which makes it even more attractive in many ways. Things are looking pretty darn good in the tablet world.

Source: AndroidTablets.net via PhoneArena

gflam

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Looks cool i myself at the moment would not buy a tablet only because i don't have the money one and i don't see the point it's more of a luxury i think but once the prices start dropping on them i may consider buying one

Detonation

Reaction score
Well the Iconia comes out April 24th, so it could make sense the Transformer comes out a week later, though that's May 1st...but that's pretty much the end of April still. Literally haha.

SkullOne

Reaction score
Excellent...hope this is true. Will be getting this and the keyboard for the wife. She needs a tablet for work and something ultralight and portable for grad school. A smallish notebook was an option but she needs something with much better battery life (16 hours for the Transformer with the KB is awesome) and she wants something that's "instant-on".

The bonus (other then the fact I get an Android tablet to play with ;) ) is that I am finally going to be able to get her to use the cloud efficiently and correctly! It's a win-win!

Mopdaddy

Reaction score
Hmm... the specs are almost the same as the Samsung, a little better in some areas.