ASUS Eee Pad Transformer On Sale April 26th for $399/$499; Thumbs Nose at Motorola

Big Lou

Reaction score
That's pretty nice! I love when companies future proof their hardware. It shows they stand behind it and are more likely to update it for a long time.

bryanthecomputerguy

Reaction score
Report: Asus Limited To Only 10k Transformer Tablets Per Month Due To Component Shortage

We hear by way of our good friend Sascha Pallenberg that a component shortage is to blame for the low initial volumes of the Asus Transformer. Apparently Asus is running well below of its capacity and only outing about 10k units per month, rather than 300k. The shortage is reportedly expected to remain until mid-June. No word on exactly which component is to blame here, but it doesn’t really matter as the damage has been done. The Transformer is just the latest sob story for Android fanboys everywhere.

Source: Report: Asus Limited To Only 10k Transformer Tablets Per Month Due To Component Shortage

MoeDaddy

Reaction score
I got my updated shipping date today from amazon, says: Delivery Estimate: May 5, 2011... so hopefully that is actual delivery not ship date but either way I'm happy for the update!

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
I got my updated shipping date today from amazon, says: Delivery Estimate: May 5, 2011... so hopefully that is actual delivery not ship date but either way I'm happy for the update!

Sweet! I have yet to order mine still... waiting on Amazon to get them back in stock...

TheOldFart

Reaction score
I wonder if this shortage has anything to do with the story that Apple is buying up most of the production capability of screens or if it is because of the Japan quake. I'm guessing more likely the quake. It's too bad for ASUS, as their products are very good and I would like for this item to be a big success.

jaycemiskel

Reaction score
I wonder if this shortage has anything to do with the story that Apple is buying up most of the production capability of screens or if it is because of the Japan quake. I'm guessing more likely the quake. It's too bad for ASUS, as their products are very good and I would like for this item to be a big success.

My guess is a combination of both. There was probably already not that many because of Apple and then once the quake hit it was the nail in the coffin.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk