[Rumor] Droid Turbo Nexus

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
DSC03619.jpg

I am posting this because it popped up on my Google now page but I am posting this as "highly doubtful". But hey I have been proven wrong before and since I know I am capable of making mistakes I will post the story. On my Google Now page was a story by TK Tech News that said there is a droid turbo version of the nexus. The device is rumored to be running the Snapdragon 810 processor. Could you see Motorola or even Google releasing a Droid Turbo Nexus this late in the game?
But now would be a good time for the Android Silver program. I know Google killed it off....never released it, but this will open up more choice options for customers especially for Google's wireless network.

Nexus Version of Droid Turbo coming soon with Snapdragon 810 leaked photos TK Tech News

thunderbolt_nick

Thunderbolt Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.nickburress.com
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Twitter
@nickburress2k2
I am posting this because it popped up on my Google now page but I am posting this as "highly doubtful".

Yep definitely. Seems way too far-fetched of a move by both Google and Motorola at this point. Now a Google Play Edition makes more sense...although I think Verizon would have something to say before letting the Droid branding go to other carriers.

Could you see Motorola or even Google releasing a Droid Turbo Nexus this late in the game?
But now would be a good time for the Android Silver program.

Notta. Even if this rumor has any remote credibility, there is no way they would push it out to the Nexus program or GPE this late after it was released.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Sure sounds awfully unlikely. Droid and Nexus in one breath, nah. Droid and carrier unlocked in one breath, double nah. Is it possible that we might see a Developer edition... Maybe.

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
Google, being the company they are, always has something up their sleeves. I never thought they would become a mobile\cellular provider, but that's happening. If Google releases a Nexus Turbo, there is a plan behind it.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I have to agree with @FoxKat on this one. As a long time Droid owner, I just don't see Verizon letting their "baby" out of their grasp and into other carriers hands. I guess anything is possible, I just think this is highly unlikely. It is possible this "new" phone could be the Moto Turbo just released in India? It is rumored to be similar to the Moto Maxx released in other countries, but looks like a Droid Turbo (without the Droid branding of course).

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I agree that vzw wouldn't like this.. But it'd be funny to see Google do this to make up sales possibly lost by vzw's slow/nonexistent nexus roll out..

Also.. The rumor is that only the n6 will be on Googles network.. This will give a bigger battery option