Motorola Droid MAXX 3 and Droid Turbo 3 Coming! [Rumor]

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
So the world's first shatter proof screen is not "wow" enough?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
And I forgot the biggest wow factor of all, for me. After 3 years, Verizon finally allowed Motorola to put a Droid phone on the Moto Maker website. To me, that was even bigger than the shatter proof screen. I finally had the chance to use Moto Maker and build my own custom "Droid" branded phone so it would be different than every other Droid in the Country. I know these may not be a big deal to everyone, but for me these are pretty big wow factors for the Droid lineup. Just my opinion though.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Ok..how about how moto has backpedaled saying it's break proof not shock proof..

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
When did they ever say it was either? I bought it because it's SHATTERPROOF. No more, no less.
They never promised me a tank.

Sent from Turbo II

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
They did ..after the green line incidents..they backoeddeled and said the screen wasn't shock proof...or impact proof..remember??? And they did pretty much says it was unbreakable... Remember.?

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
My next phone I expect to have a long time, so #1 is going to be a removable battery (so I can replace it when it's 50% capacity after 2-3 years). And an SD card - lots of storage. A good CPU and 4GB+ ram is a given.

Or most likely I'll wait for a decent 5G phone. VZW is supposed to begin rolling out next year, so maybe the end of 2017/early 2018 it will be time for an upgrade.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
I hope something that fits that bill comes along.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
They did ..after the green line incidents..they backoeddeled and said the screen wasn't shock proof...or impact proof..remember??? And they did pretty much says it was unbreakable... Remember.?

I'm really not trying to be stubborn here, or a fanboi. Trust me, I'm not a Moto fanboia, but no... I never heard the Turbo 2 was "break proof" or "shock proof".

Shatterproof
"But it’s the Turbo 2 that’s getting top billing today, thanks to a display that Verizon and Motorola describe as "shatterproof" and able to withstand drops and tumbles like few smartphones before it. "At Motorola, we’re all about trying to solve real consumer problems. One of the problems today is that phones are just too fragile," said Motorola president Rick Osterloh. Motorola's display technology is branded Moto ShatterShield. "Building a shatteproof screen was not an easy task," he said adding that it took the company's engineers three years to perfect "a world-first innovation."

Shatterproof
"Motorola touts as being “shatterproof”. The display offers a special tech called Moto Shatter Sheild technology, which Motorola was so confident that it drop-tested the phone on stage — and yes it survived."

The Official Launch
Start at around the 6 minute mark.

I don't know much that happened with Green Line Gate. I do know both VZW and Moto first blamed it on drops, and I only know that from a Google Search TODAY. I did not follow that closely at all.

So I stand by what I said: I never heard either of those terms uttered by VZW or Moto re: Turbo 2.

;)

I may not be an attorney...but I work with them.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Here are a few things I am aware of. I may be considered a Motorola fan boy by some, and that's OK with me. I don't agree with every decision they make and don't think they are perfect. Yes, the green line issue may not have been handled well at the beginning. Then the forum manager said they will replace the phones. Too easy, from what I have read everyone that asked for a new phone received one. As far as backpedaling, the warranty has always stated that the phone "is not shockproof and will not withstand ALL damage from dropping". Not sure how they have backpedaled, that has been there from Day 1, see the attached screen shot. I have seen at least one claim from a customer that apparently has a hole in their screen from dropping it. I am no lawyer either, but it seems clear to me that the shattershield warranty does not cover holes (punctures) in the screen, it covers shatter and cracks. I'm sure the screen will puncture.

The Turbo 2 is not the right phone for everyone, some may not like it because it doesn't look like the Droid RAZR HD Maxx, Droid Maxx and Droid Turbo; all great phones, loved all of them, but they all had a similar design. The Turbo 2 looks more like a Moto X. That's one of the reasons I like it, and bought it.

Hopefully this year's Droid (whatever it ends up being called) will have killer specs to make the specs folks happy, continue the current design theme, continue to be available on Moto Maker, continue to have mostly vanilla Android, and continue to have cool & useful Moto App features.

b7d497ea14b78f8627894a26688b1f46.jpg

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I'm really not trying to be stubborn here, or a fanboi. Trust me, I'm not a Moto fanboia, but no... I never heard the Turbo 2 was "break proof" or "shock proof".

Shatterproof
"But it’s the Turbo 2 that’s getting top billing today, thanks to a display that Verizon and Motorola describe as "shatterproof" and able to withstand drops and tumbles like few smartphones before it. "At Motorola, we’re all about trying to solve real consumer problems. One of the problems today is that phones are just too fragile," said Motorola president Rick Osterloh. Motorola's display technology is branded Moto ShatterShield. "Building a shatteproof screen was not an easy task," he said adding that it took the company's engineers three years to perfect "a world-first innovation."

Shatterproof
"Motorola touts as being “shatterproof”. The display offers a special tech called Moto Shatter Sheild technology, which Motorola was so confident that it drop-tested the phone on stage — and yes it survived."

The Official Launch
Start at around the 6 minute mark.

I don't know much that happened with Green Line Gate. I do know both VZW and Moto first blamed it on drops, and I only know that from a Google Search TODAY. I did not follow that closely at all.

So I stand by what I said: I never heard either of those terms uttered by VZW or Moto re: Turbo 2.

;)

I may not be an attorney...but I work with them.
It was Green line gate that they did say it might be shatterproof or resistant ..or whatever thread the needle term they want to use....but not shockproof.... They released that in a statement...
As it is...I haven't been following the device like I normally would...life and the fact that I've already had to have one warrantied.. That experience in itself was enough to leave a sour taste in my mouth and really made me rethink moto...I've had every droid moto since the droid x...

Now you can argue all you want...bu what's the main reason for a screen to break...impact...correct??? Or flexing but mainly it's going to be impact. Now in my mind ..I hear a screen will not shatter..hell I saw the one they dropped from a quad copter...but to hear it may not shatter but something could well come apart from the shock of the fall..and the fact that they're possibly able tonuse that angle to not warranty some people's devices ..that's a bad thing to me...you show me the phone being dropped....and then more or less say it won't shatter...most people will probably say. It won't BREAK...which isn't what they say... It's all about the way they speak the warranty ..and it's just a gimmick to save their butts..

Last edited:

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Just saw i was autocorrect to break proof..not shatter proof..idk how that happened ..but typical for my phone.

But the shock proof thing. That's explained in my last post.

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Now you can argue all you want...bu what's the main reason for a screen to break

I'm really not trying to argue. Just presenting my point of view.

Now in my mind ..I hear a screen will not shatter..hell I saw the one they dropped from a quad copter...but to hear it may not shatter but something could well come apart from the shock of the fall..and the fact that they're possibly able tonuse that angle to not warranty some people's devices ..that's a bad thing to me...you show me the phone being dropped....and then more or less say it won't shatter...most people will probably say. It won't BREAK...which isn't what they say... It's all about the way they speak the warranty ..and it's just a gimmick to save their butts..

Again I didn't pay much attention, but in the minute or two I googled there were a lot of people that swore the phones were NOT dropped and they had the green line. Pretty sure someone posted that very same thing in this forum. Not dropped and green line.
This leads me to believe: manufacturers defect.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
What if the secret plan is the Droid Turbo 3 will be a Droid 3 with a killer battery and killer, modern specs?

uploadfromtaptalk1462488106413.jpg