[Rumor] 3 New Android Phones for VZW in May: Droid X2, LG Revolution, Sony XperiaPlay

DaWolf85

Reaction score
A supposedly different version of the Revolution went through the FCC recently, although there don't seem to be any changes in the radios. Hopefully during that revision they deBinged it :p

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
Argh. After finding these forums I held off on just getting a new Droid 2, because I thought the intel here was right.

The fact that engadget has nothing on new phone releases today should have tipped me off, though, this is the only site where I've seen today as the day for the X2 and new LG.

To be fair, this site typically only reports rumors and news from other sites, so it's not the source to blame if the information is incorrect. As is noted in the original post, this particular rumor came from Droid-Life - Possible New Release Dates for the DROIDX2, LG Revolution and Xperia Play on Verizon? - Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog.

Plus, the title of the thread does say "Rumor." That means exactly what it means - it's a rumor. No confirmed information. A site like Engadget typically only reports what they believe to be confirmed information. But if you only watch a site like Engadget, you're likely to find out about a lot of stuff much later than folks around here do. Sometimes rumors pan out, sometimes they don't.

Zecpull

Reaction score
I am seeing that Costco, has the Droid X2 dummy display phones.. but still No News of any Release.. I ask at my Verizon Store,. and he had no clue

Danny5

Reaction score
I asked at a Verizon store, and they were clueless too. No Charge, no Revolution, no X2. I am getting pretty frustrated at the lack of 4G phones. What is taking so freaking long????

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
I asked at a Verizon store, and they were clueless too. No Charge, no Revolution, no X2. I am getting pretty frustrated at the lack of 4G phones. What is taking so freaking long????

New technologies take time to work out all of the kinks. Would you rather wait awhile longer and have things be fairly stable or have them rush everything out and deal with a phone full of continuous problems?

Danny5

Reaction score

New technologies take time to work out all of the kinks. Would you rather wait awhile longer and have things be fairly stable or have them rush everything out and deal with a phone full of continuous problems?

Except I can go to BB and buy a Charge right now. Just doesn't make sense to me...

pizza3

Reaction score
New Date

Great catch, Mr./Ms. bsweetness. That looks very official. Now we face the dilemma: Do we pre-order on the 19th or wait until it has been field tested. If we wait it would require really mature patience which I am normally not burdened with or risk the dire strait of being "back-ordered". Getting it too soon runs the risk of being the guinea pig for everyone else another role to which I do not aspire. Given that the major difference is the new processor and somewhat new,but tested, GB.I'd say the risk is small. OTOH, if you really rely on your phone for your mission critical stuff then why risk it. On the third hand it would be really cool! Fortunately I have a week to grow up and decide.

kyler13

Reaction score

And yet the devices still seem to hit the store shelves with some pretty significant issues. What's the point in waiting, then?

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL

And yet the devices still seem to hit the store shelves with some pretty significant issues. What's the point in waiting, then?

It's the 4G devices hitting shelves with issues. That's the point in waiting. The technology isn't mature yet, so the first few runs will still be working out the kinks. That's one reason why Verizon will continue to release 3G phones. If they only released 4G phones, they'd have a user base that would get pretty frustrated with it all. Early adopters who are knowledgeable about the technology know going in that there will be some issues, but the general public will not. There's a reason why there hasn't been a flood of 4G phones, but they'll be coming.