RSD Lite error message

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
What version of rsd are you downloading?

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

dogdays

Reaction score
yes I boot up holding the d-pad and get to the bootloader screen and nothing shows up on RSD

dogdays

Reaction score
I just uninstalled and reinstalled rsd and the drivers and it still doesn't see my phone

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
Ok somethings amiss here........what OS is your pc and what drivers did you download?

dogdays

Reaction score
I am using Vista 64 bit and I downloaded from Motorola the USB Drivers 64 bit 4.5

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
I have to admit I'm stumped on this. I will let the rest of the RS know about this and maybe can get you some answers soon.

dogdays

Reaction score
Thanks, I started out having problems because I was using RSD Lite 4.5.3 and getting the error

Failed flashing process. Unable to retrieve initialization value for INI file(0x7029), phone connected.

I don't know if the history helps you at all.

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
I know many get the flash failed error but it actually did flash.

dogdays

Reaction score
How would I know if it flashed? If it did, would I still need to work this other problem of not seeing my phone out ... I guess what I am asking is will I use RSD Lite again other than this SPRecovery?

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
If it tried to flash it found your phone I'm assuming. To check if it worked turn off the phone, hold x and power on until M comes up then if you have sprecovery it'll say so on the recovery screen.

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
Dogdays, are you running it as administrator? I always had problems trying to figure out how to run something as administrator. If you type RSD lite into the search box when you click on the start button, then press ctrl+alt+shift and hit enter. you will be prompted to allow rsd. After this, does rsd recognize your phone?

teddyearp

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Razr 5g Rooted
Actually RSD Lite 4.6 does not play nice on a 64bit OS, especially Vista. Ultimately try to find a way to do it on a 32bit Win XP machine. You _might_ be able to play around with different USB cords/ports, but doubt that will work.

good luck

dogdays

Reaction score
Phone doesn't show in RSD Lite

Tanknspank,

That did it. I started RSD Lite holding ctrl+alt+shift and powered my phone and it came up. I was able to flash SPRecovery at that point. Thanks to everyone who helped me with this problem.

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
Tanknspank,

That did it. I started RSD Lite holding ctrl+alt+shift and powered my phone and it came up. I was able to flash SPRecovery at that point. Thanks to everyone who helped me with this problem.

No problem! Just glad I could help!