rooting Rezound already unlocked

gandroid2

Reaction score
Just finished updating to RUU 4.03.605.2 (Android Police - I believe it's the same as Verizon's global roaming OTA release). The process included Amon Ra and CWM-SuperSU-v0.96.

I presumed (assumed?) that I would end up with a rooted phone, but apparently it's not. Here's what it now looks like:

*** TAMPERED ***
*** UNLOCKED ***

VIGOR PVT SHIP S-ON RL
HBOOT-2.27.0000
RADIO-2.22.10.0801r/2.22.10.0803R
OpenDSP-v14.6.0.7708.00.0507
eMMC-boot​

I'd appreciate it if someone could tell me what it takes to get SU rights. SuperSU tells me that there is no SU binary installed and it cannot install it. Titanium BU says it could not acquire root privileges, and suggested that the ROM isn't rooted.

I had a great deal of difficulty getting the phone to where it is now, and if there's even a small chance that I'll semi-brick it again or have to start all over installing the apps, I'll be happy with the current config.

Thank you.

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
That's what you're supposed to see. Try an older binary from AndroidSU.com . Oh and don't worry about bricking the Rezound. As long as you're s-on you're safe. You can always RUU back to a working phone(unless you damage the hardware).

OP
G

gandroid2

Reaction score
Thank you for the information and guidance. Unfortunately, I'm still a bit puzzled, and hope you don't mind a couple of additional questions.

1. "That's what you're supposed to see." - You're saying that, based on the software I installed, it should not have given me SU access?
2. I looked through the link you provided (AndroidSU.com) and it mentions problems with 3.0.1 which were corrected with 3.0.2 and 3.0.3. You suggested an older binary, but can you be more specific? The version I downloaded/installed is 3.0.7...I presume. I somewhat followed Scottys noob friendly root guide-start to finish and must've installed it to get the resulting working Rezound.
3. Presuming I find the correct version, do I install it via the PC command line?
4. Will this erase my current configuration?

Sigh. Sorry to be a pain. Thanks again.

Last edited:

acejavelin

Reaction score
I was under the impression that AndroidSU (ie. Superuser) was problematic with the Rezound on ICS and SuperSU was preferred?

Taco

Reaction score
I followed that guide start to finish and supersu works no problem.

Sent from my stock rooted ICS Rezound using Droid Forums!

OP
G

gandroid2

Reaction score
I'm glad to hear that it works. I'm not surprised that I made a misstep or two along the way, merely grateful that it works again.

OP
G

gandroid2

Reaction score
so, back to my question...

...if anyone's still paying attention.

Do I have to start all over to root my Rezound?

Thanks