Yet another n00b needing expert advice

psion_008

Reaction score
Hello DroidForums Community,
I am having a Soft-brick issue with my HTC Rezound. I really have run into a wall in efforts to fix on my own.
Recently I upgraded to a “new to me” Rezound off Ebay, it came clean ESN activated perfectly the OTA update successful (probably a large part of my frustration). I was happy with the way the device was running, but wanted Wifi tether. Therefore I unlocked the bootloader with the HTCDev website tool, flashed Amon Ra recovery, and got SU.
The Wifi tether didn’t go so smooth so I decided to get a custom ROM and try my luck. In the process I managed to wipe the System partition. That’s where things got ugly (I think).
I can still use HBOOT, Recovery, and Fastboot works.
I tried various versions of Boot.img and PH98img.zip to varying results most of the time it will load and say…
*** TAmpered ***
*** Locked ***
Vigor PUT SHIP S-ON
HBOOT-2.28.0000
RAdio-2.23.10.0123r/2.23.10.0124r
OpenDSP-v14.6.0.7708.00.0507
eMMC-boot
Sept 20 2012,17;40:22
HBOOT
SD Checking...
Loading...[PH98DIAG.zip]
No Image!
Loading...[PH98DIAG.nbh]
No image or wrong image!
Loading...[PH98DIAG.zip]
It proceeds to get a vertical black bar in the upper right corner that seems to indicate progress. After it used to say “Update fail Main version is old” error, I ran the MISCtool script to set it to 1.00.000 now it says “HBOOT version is OLD UPDATE FAILED”!
When trying to flash from C:\Android I am getting a Failed: Remote Not Allowed Error
I also note that in recovery, I am getting a “can’t mount \sdcard\dev\block\mmmcpblk0xx” error.
Can anyone please tell me what is going wrong or possibly that I am having an id10t error?

:stupid:

Bpowder33

Reaction score
Which custom rom did you try flashing? Because it looks like your on the newest global firmware and there are only a few ROM's available for it..

OP
P

psion_008

Reaction score
I think it was a version of Scott's clean ROM... but it was a couple days ago and I've unfortunately, between work and scouring the internet for solutions my Brain is fried and notes are incomplete for my early efforts. As I had rooted my 2 previous Droids I thought I could do this easy...
If you could link me a ROM (idiot proof instructions couldn't hurt) that will get me back up and running I'd really appreciate it.

Bpowder33

Reaction score
1. Open the Rom zip with an archive tool such as 7zip and extract the boot.img from it.
2. Place the boot.img into the platform-tools folder of the Android SDK's install directory.
3. Put the Rom on the root of your SD Card
4. Compare MD5 Sum
5. Reboot to Recovery
6. Scroll down and select "Wipe"
7. Wipe the following:
Quote:
Wipe ALL data/factory reset x2
Wipe /data x2
Wipe /cache x2
Wipe Dalvik-cache x3
Wipe /boot x2
Wipe /system x3
Optionally wipe:
Wipe battery stats
Wipe rotate settings

8. Scroll to and press return
9. Install Rom from SD Card

11. Return to the main menu of the recovery and select "Developer Menu".
12. Select "Reboot to bootloader
13. Ensure your device is connected to your computer and that your device is now in fastboot mode. This is a white screen and it says fastboot on it.
14. Open a Terminal (OSX or Linux) or CMD window (Windows) and cd to the platform-tools directory of the Android SDK's install directory.
15. Issue this command to flash the boot.img we placed in the platform-tools folder earlier:
Code:
fastboot flash boot boot.img

16. Watch the output of the terminal, it should say something like "sent successfully".
17. Finally send this command:
Code:
fastboot reboot

This command reboots your device into Android. Wait for it to boot up and enjoy your new freshly installed rom.

Note: If you are having issues connecting your device to your windows computer in fastboot, please insure the drivers are up to date by installing the latest version of HTC Sync for the Rezound

Bpowder33

Reaction score
this is how i flash every rom...these are instructions posted by wildstang... make sure your bootloader is actually **unlocked** because in your op it says **Locked**

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
this is how i flash every rom...these are instructions posted by wildstang... make sure your bootloader is actually **unlocked** because in your op it says **Locked**

I think this is an S-Off device. You can't get "Tampered" and "Locked" at the same time unless there have been developments since I gave up my Rezound

Bpowder33

Reaction score
I think this is an S-Off device. You can't get "Tampered" and "Locked" at the same time unless there have been developments since I gave up my Rezound

that's what I was thinking but his op also said "s-on"

I swore after I flashed an ruu for ISC one time it returned it to **Locked** but after flashing the global leak ruu it remained **relocked**

may have something to do with an update to Hboot during the recent OTA? would be my guess

OP
P

psion_008

Reaction score
that's what I was thinking but his op also said "s-on"

I swore after I flashed an ruu for ISC one time it returned it to **Locked** but after flashing the global leak ruu it remained **relocked**

may have something to do with an update to Hboot during the recent OTA? would be my guess

I am still S-on i relock the boot loader with fastboot oem lock to try and install an RUU that didn't take.