Rooting my Bionic

kac8866

Reaction score
I've had my Bionic for just over a week now and am very happy. I upgraded from a rooted OG. I felt very comfortable rooting the Droid but I'm somewhat skeptical of rooting the Bionic.

My main concern is the stability of the ROMs. I used RSDlite to root the OG. Is rooting the Bionic harder or easier?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

OP
kac8866

kac8866

Reaction score
How easy is it to return to stock? From what I have read it seems fairly straight forward if you are familiar with RSDlite.

bdsullivan76

Reaction score
Google motofail. All you so is connect your phone to a computer put it in charge only mode and run the motofail exploit. In total it takes about 5 min or less.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk

deduct

Reaction score
It is extremely easy using motofail. And the roms for bionic are great. Currently i am running eclipse 2.2 and it is awesome. Visit droidbionicroot.com for tutorials on rooting. Most of the roms are reviewed there too. Try them all out to see which rom best suits you. Have fun.

Sent from my eclipsed bionic

OP
kac8866

kac8866

Reaction score
I've been reading a lot on this site. Obviously different than rooting an OG.

OP
kac8866

kac8866

Reaction score
Once I'm rooted and have safestrap installed, what are the best ROMs available? Mostly from a stability standpoint. I am looking for an every day ROM.

dags5000

Reaction score
Theres not really any diff from rooting the og and the bionic. For both you run some program or set of commands that exploits a weakness in the OS and you obtain root. If u were comfortable doing so on the og its exactly the same experience on the bionic. U can use bootstrap instead of safestrap and its exactly what u would have used on og. Clockwork recovery... same as og just backup your stock setup once rooted and then ur free to try out the few roms that are out and decide for yourseld what is best for you

OP
kac8866

kac8866

Reaction score
With the "death" of eclipse, is it worth rooting my phone? The ICS builds still seem to leave something to be desired.

OP
kac8866

kac8866

Reaction score
Rooted my bionic and flashed eclipse. Happy sooooo far.

deduct

Reaction score
Eclipse is still my favorite rom. Even if it is not developed any further than it already is. Seems to be the most stable rom I've tried so far.

Sent from my eclipsed bionic

okierzr

Reaction score
I'm running eclipse and I'm very happy if this is the last update for it.