New Bionic...Better to root from 5.893 or do 902 update and root from that system??

Tmwoods8

Reaction score
I am coming from a rooted OG Droid which I have had since the week it was launched. I only had it rooted for one month when the charging terminal broke. So I've only had a small taste of the benefits of rooting. In anticipation of wanting to root the new Bionic I have thus far declined installing the 902 update. I heard that rooting from 902 is more difficult than from 893. Is there really an advantage to rooting from one over the other? Should I accept the 902 update and root afterwards? Any input is appreciated! Also looking for favorite ROMs/Themes. Was on Project Elite and loved it. The OG droid with PE was awesome, but so far I'm really loving the new Bionic. Thanks again for any suggestions!

eye_dea

Reaction score
Take the 902 update and root using motofail from dan rosenberg. Done in like 5 minutes!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

eye_dea

Reaction score
Then...when your ready to start flashing roms...we will be here to help you with the proper process.

OP
T

Tmwoods8

Reaction score
Perfect! Thats all I needed to hear. I really appreciate your quick response. I did a lot of homework before jumping into the OG root and it was over two years old! I guess it just made me a bit nervous being a brand new phone. Anyhow thanks a bunch! Still open to any other words of wisdom...

OP
T

Tmwoods8

Reaction score
Then...when your ready to start flashing roms...we will be here to help you with the proper process.

Awesome I could just go for it tonight!

OP
T

Tmwoods8

Reaction score
Any problem performing the root on my mac? Or should I fire up the old dell laptop??

eye_dea

Reaction score
Can only use motofail with windows or linux.

eye_dea

Reaction score
Dont know for sure...never done it.