bionic noob here with a few questions...

acidrane

Reaction score
i'm coming from an og droid 1. been rooted for almost 2 yrs and i decided to upgrade to the bionic. i'm reading the threads for the bionic and i have a few questions.

1) is there a difference between the one-click root and dhacker's root? if so, then what? pros and cons?
1a) what is the difference between root and 43v3r root?

2) is the 5.5.893 ect number the firmware of the phone? which is the official latest release and what does it fix?

3) is bootstrap the same as clockworkmod? aka both are recoveries but by different devs?

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
1) Not sure... have to go back and look
1a) forever root makes a small tweak to a system file that will, supposedly, keep you rooted if/when you accept an OTA update (which normally remove root access). However, supposedly one of the leaked OTA's still patches it, so I'm not sure how "forever" it really is :)

2) yes - the leak anyway... the stock version is 5.5.886. I believe 5.7.893 is the latest, and it's supposed to fix a whole slew of things... check here

3) bootstrap is the app that does the hack that allows it to flash clockworkmod... so bootstrap is essentially the vehicle to get clockworkmod recovery on your bionic

OP
A

acidrane

Reaction score
1) Not sure... have to go back and look
1a) forever root makes a small tweak to a system file that will, supposedly, keep you rooted if/when you accept an OTA update (which normally remove root access). However, supposedly one of the leaked OTA's still patches it, so I'm not sure how "forever" it really is :)

2) yes - the leak anyway... the stock version is 5.5.886. I believe 5.7.893 is the latest, and it's supposed to fix a whole slew of things... check here

3) bootstrap is the app that does the hack that allows it to flash clockworkmod... so bootstrap is essentially the vehicle to get clockworkmod recovery on your bionic

thanks! quick and helpful!