rooting a samsung s2.....i know its off subject just hear me out

93fuelslut

Reaction score
The phone I have is d4 with aokp rom with mods flashed in recovery...so I know all abt rooting and hacking for droid 4.
But a friend of mine is trading his iphone for a samsung s2 for AT&T cause he wants his phone like mine.
So has anyone here on d4 ever rooted and rom with a samsung or at&t phone?
Safestrap is so easy to install and run and was wondering if yal have similar experience

Just don't wanna brick his phone

DSM4rill

Reaction score
i rooted/rommed a skyrocket s2. its nothing like the D4...no safe system. just get CWM, back up the stock rom and flash a custom over the stock joint in most cases...

hes gunna need something called Samsung Kies though...

OP
93fuelslut

93fuelslut

Reaction score
Thanks...what's samsung kies or what does it do?
I hate not having a safe mode

DSM4rill

Reaction score
Its a software used on a PC/laptop for contact back up, drivers, media management and what not... kinda like motorola media link

Since its android, there may be a forum exclusive for samsung phones on this site. There def one on XDA i used months back.

OP
93fuelslut

93fuelslut

Reaction score
I never used Motorola media link....but I'll check out xda...its not to complicated to rom a samsung is it?

DSM4rill

Reaction score
if you follow the instructions,nah...its like anything else. just do it carefully.

OP
93fuelslut

93fuelslut

Reaction score
I remember when I got my first droid..didn't know wht root was or a rom..but I did it anyways thinkin I knew everything and not double checkin...came out with a brick lol....
I'll get to it next weekend an see how that goes

slikno420

Reaction score
I used to use androidforums.com their not bad either especially when it comes to at&t or boost.