Before I root

Gita777

Reaction score
When I get off work today I want to root my droid. I have pandahome now and I like it and the hero lock yet it is slow. And I've been afraid to root and flash my rom due to " bricking" I have insurance on my droid but idk if it covers "bricking". So I wanna backup my phone before just in case and idk how to do that. I want the benifits of root like hotspot and overclocking. linux is awsome. And be able so make my own theme or some cool final fantasy theme and change my lock, because my friend jail broke his ipod and has the chocobo for his slider lock. Can I do that? And will I be able to write my own software and use it? Sorry this is so long im just cautious, andbto know if rooting right for me?

Question. What does a custom rom do anyways? Should I get one?

Edit: Sorry for poor sentence structure, I was in a rush writing. :p
Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

louy99

Reaction score
Use z4root to root your phone. Its the easiest way. Not sure about programing things, maybe someone else can answer this but loading a custom rom like fission or liberty is great! They don't have all that bloatware that verizon installs on the stock rom. They are very fast roms almost to the point that I don't need to overclock. If you need help, just pm me

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

kptphalkon

Reaction score
There are probably dozens or hundreds of threads about the benefits of rooting, how and why.