Rooted/O'Clocked Droid 1 users Chime In...

Schimm

Reaction score
I see no problem with making the comparison. I don't think this is a 'who's got the better phone' thread. It just reveals how much performance you can squeeze out of a phone that isn't locked down (the answer is 'plenty'). And the X is locked down. No custom ROMs, no overclocking (probably), no early froyo, or whatever future desert is coming down the pike. Am I being too hard on the X? I just ordered one at lunchtime. With froyo it will be plenty fast and it's fast enough as it is. You couldn't say that about Droid 1 at launch.

Gimic26

Reaction score
Coming from my Droid running Bugless Beast Froyo and Chevy's 1.1ghz I used to average 1450 on Quadrant.

With the X I'm now averaging 1250 but that lower score does not do justice to how much faster this phone is compared to what I had before.

Everything is much much quicker. Going from app to app is almost instantaneous. Even typing on the onscreen keyboard is amazingly faster. Moto's keyboard rocks and this is coming from a swype whore. Lol

So far I'm loving this phone.

wsbsteven

Reaction score
My Quandrant benchmark score running at 1GHz on froyo is 984. I don't have my X yet to compare them. Since you have a Droid already, I wouldn't worry about getting a Droid 2 or X unless you feel you need the extra features.

What ROM are you using....I would think you should be scoring higher. I'm running the latest Bugless Beast.

I use CM6 7/15 nightly but I forgot when I flashed the update that it reset my speed to 800mhz so I wasn't running at 1GHz.