need some more explaination on rooting

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
well ive been doing some digging through the rom forums here and would still like to hear an educated opinion on what they think is the best rom for the droid x.. i think i pretty much get it now, that its like an os add on to make it run better.. so what is the rom that everyone strives to have on there dx?

One that's fast, feature-rich, easy-to-use, stable, doesn't boot-loop their phone, and above all doesn't make their battery cry like a little girl who lost her favorite puppy. :)

If you're looking for a specific ROM then don't. You'll get a dozen different answers from twenty different people. Just start trying them. What works for you won't always work for me, or for him, her, the strange guy in the corner, the woman at the end of the block with a hundred cats, or the cute girl on the bus. ;)

+1 if you ask for the best rom everyone will tell you a different story. That's why they all exist, preference.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

Lex_Luthor

Reaction score
well ive been doing some digging through the rom forums here and would still like to hear an educated opinion on what they think is the best rom for the droid x.. i think i pretty much get it now, that its like an os add on to make it run better.. so what is the rom that everyone strives to have on there dx?

One that's fast, feature-rich, easy-to-use, stable, doesn't boot-loop their phone, and above all doesn't make their battery cry like a little girl who lost her favorite puppy. :)

If you're looking for a specific ROM then don't. You'll get a dozen different answers from twenty different people. Just start trying them. What works for you won't always work for me, or for him, her, the strange guy in the corner, the woman at the end of the block with a hundred cats, or the cute girl on the bus. ;)

+1 if you ask for the best rom everyone will tell you a different story. That's why they all exist, preference.

+2 or whatever :)

drew

Reaction score
You also have that certain breed of person who feels the need to flash something new every other day. I don't think I have that gene after what I went through today.

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Lol I know how that is. I don't often flash a new rom but i'm often changing my theme and some days I feel like I need to boot in to cm recovery and change something just cause its something to do.

MonKENy

Reaction score
No, it's not. A theme is a theme. A ROM is a replacement for the OS.

I feel the ROM is more like a service pack than a true replacement. The OS is still Android, regardless of ROM. So I'm running the Android OS, with the MIUI "service pack" that gives me new features, enhancements, etc. (and things can go really sideways if the service pack install screws up)

I think those have been the best way a Rom has been explained yet, I now have a better understanding of what a ROM is, Thank you Guys!