Im Rooted! - Now i want a BACKUP

donballz

Reaction score
ok, get Droid X Bootstrapper by ClockworkMod. Click Bootstrap Recovery. Grant Superuser access. It will say Success! Click OK. Click Reboot recovery. Now you have a list of options. Use the volume rocker buttons to move the cursor, use the camera button to select.

Select Backup and restore.
Select Backup.

This will get all system files and user data and everything. It will store it on the sdcard in a folder labeled clockworkmod. Put that file in bazillion places. Rest easy.

donballz

Reaction score
oh, i should mention that I have recovered using bootstrapper after a bootloop. It works like a charm

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
unless you try to back to 2.1 with a backup -- then you got problems

OP
DroiDTalenT

DroiDTalenT

Reaction score
TY. i appreciate the help. Is their any reason to use titanium backup then? Now that i have my backup is their anything else i should also have on my phone incase of a bootloop or frag that isnt their that might help me recover my phone in an emergency?

OP
DroiDTalenT

DroiDTalenT

Reaction score
And is bootstraper my only option for backing up froyo/o.s./rom what ever you want my to call froyo?

Last edited:
OP
DroiDTalenT

DroiDTalenT

Reaction score
Plz, i want to get past making sure i have a solid backup of froyo to go back to. Is there any free way to backup froyo

OP
DroiDTalenT

DroiDTalenT

Reaction score
sry, waht am i looking for @ MY BRAIN HURTS? i have clockwork, tried to use it to make backup and it just reboots my phone instantly. walk me thru plz

OP
DroiDTalenT

DroiDTalenT

Reaction score
i just want to know if something went wrong i would be able to go back to my 2.2. I want to know how i would use whatever recovery image you teach me to use. what program or whatever do i need to have on my phone to restore my phone if something went wrong like a bootloop. god im tired of looking for a clear walk through on this. Do i have to buy bootstrapper? please get me past this question or ill just unroot cuz im not going through this everytime i have a question. Im sry but i have a Hugh issue with moving forward and not knowing what ive done. I feel like if im having this hard of a time understanding this and i mod gaming consoles that the info isnt clear 1, and 2... lots of people must be off and running making changes to thier phones and not having any idea what they are actually doing. sry for being a pest... if you think i should unroot because i dont feel like i understand yet say so and i happly will and my questions will stop.

again thankx

Last edited:
OP
DroiDTalenT

DroiDTalenT

Reaction score
How about a Guide?

Someone should put together a guide, something like a "step by step to rooting, making a backup of your android 2.1. 2.2, and making sure your device is ready for a emergency recovery." I feel this is the most important thing, and im sure is a very easy task, but with info scattered abroad, and many different peoples opinions and half answers you get more confused than you do helped.

So Abe was nice enough to help me find bootstrapper free for the dx on My Brain Hurts . but that was it, do i download it with my phone, pc, then waht do i do with the .apk, how do i make clockwork use it, or let clockwork know its there. please stop with the vague answers, if you cant tell ill ask 300 questions untill i get all the info i want. or someone could take a few minutes and start putting some info together that me and others could use to get by this first step quickly without bugging admins and moderators. You have to understand my frustration, ive wanted to get past this two days ago! And i understand your frustration with not wanting to step by step with every new person that starts wanting to play with their phone. Id love to be a valued member of these forums, and will help even with putting out guides like the one i am trying to describe... but for now i need help, plz!!!!

Last edited:

donballz

Reaction score
How the hell the did you get rooted if you are this co dependent. Have you done any research or looked up anything or do you just demand that we post a guide for dummies? This forum is equipped with a search feature and all of this has been covered in the hacks section. I suppose I'll wake up banned for this but you are too annoying.

Sent from my DRUID using the Schwartz

Technoman

Reaction score
Not only all the questions, but opening multiple threads with the same question over and over. There is plenty of information already provided to you, you should go back and read the information again until you get the complete process.

OP
DroiDTalenT

DroiDTalenT

Reaction score
Using clockworkmod and bootstraper to make a backup. is that considered a nandroid backup? if not please explain.