Im Rooted! - Now i want a BACKUP

DroiDTalenT

Reaction score
I rooted my droid x last night. Now i want to make a backup of my stock phone. how do i do that? Can i back up apps and home screens, ect? Or only O.S.? Oh, and sry for the new thread but to many posts, refining my search didnt help much either, is there a site with some good tuts, guides pertaining to what you can do after rooting, and what order things should be done in??? again thankx for any help.

The Admins and Members here are great!!!

Talent

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
my sig has a lot of good stuff for rooting

as for backups, either use clockwork, mybackup pro or Titanium backup.

clockwork (an alternate recovery, read more about in link 2) installed along with bootstrapper, will make a backup like a restore point on a computer.

titanium backup will do your apps and their data. i use this

all are on the market, but clockwork is flashed (installed) with rom manager, but you need the bootstrap first
My Brain Hurts

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
you can to have different choices..

OP
DroiDTalenT

DroiDTalenT

Reaction score
maybe its just me, but say i type in titanium backup and search the posts, not a single result i get says anything about titanium backup. Should i be using google more than searching these threads?

OP
DroiDTalenT

DroiDTalenT

Reaction score
oh and off the top of my head it looks like the backup will be made by my phone and saved to my phone. to free memory can/should it be moved to my pc... or no does it need to stay for emergency recovery purposes?

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
oh and off the top of my head it looks like the backup will be made by my phone and saved to my phone. to free memory can/should it be moved to my pc... or no does it need to stay for emergency recovery purposes?

clockwork can mount the SD card in recovery so yes you can and you can put it back on in recovery.

wmscottmc

Reaction score

I wouldnt leave it on the SD card unless its encrypted. Anybody that got ahold of your phone would have a copy of your data, even if your phone was locked.

OP
DroiDTalenT

DroiDTalenT

Reaction score
what about sprecovery? is that not in the market?

OP
DroiDTalenT

DroiDTalenT

Reaction score
so what program(s) should i use to make necessary backups?

donballz

Reaction score
Z
O
M
G
TITANIUM BACKUP.

DROID X BOOTSTRAPPER.

They are not even remotely difficult to use.

OP
DroiDTalenT

DroiDTalenT

Reaction score
lol, hey im not embarrased, your like everyone else... gee thankx for all the info!!! Still didnt answer anything i wanted to know... all you did was give me a program name (thankx for closing all my threads except the one that has the least info pertaining to my questions in it!!!) Looks like titanium only backs up data and apps, not o.s./rom, and clockworkmod just restarts my DX if i tell it to backup. what does bootstrapper do? how about a lil info instead of just you figure it out dude. wtf, i dont wanna destroy my phone, you guys are supposted to be around to help, why so offended that someone wants a little guidance.

Just to be clear..........I WANT TO MAKE A BACKUP OF MY PHONE, ITS ROOTED AND RUNNING FROYO RIGHT NOW. I DO NOT JUST WANT TO BACK UP APPS AND DATA, I WANT TO BACK UP MY OS TOO. WHAT PROGRAM WILL DO THAT?

THANKX

Last edited:
OP
DroiDTalenT

DroiDTalenT

Reaction score
Difficult isnt my worriy, doing things and not understanding what im actually doing is my thing. ive made backups, and ran these programs but have no idea if anything ive done is actually what i think it is, understand?

OP
DroiDTalenT

DroiDTalenT

Reaction score
is thier a good site to read tutorials off of, and walkthroughs? or are forums my best source of info