How to upgrade to 2.3?

Mcode

Reaction score
I have a rooted Droid X and want the official release for 2.3. How would I be able to get 2.3? Do I need to unroot, or do I need to install/unistall something(s)?

I'm new to smartphones but can learn fast so please give me a step by step kind of thing to guide me.

:)

Reaction score
You will be fine to update even with being rooted. The only thing I think you need to do is get rid of bootstrapper that's if you have it. If you have use it I do beleve it put certain files on your phone that need to be taken off. This is what I have read on other posts . So maybe look into that sorry I can't help with that.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Droid_Boi86

Reaction score
I have a rooted Droid X and want the official release for 2.3. How would I be able to get 2.3? Do I need to unroot, or do I need to install/unistall something(s)?

I'm new to smartphones but can learn fast so please give me a step by step kind of thing to guide me.

:)

2 options are available to you,
1- recieve your Gingerbread update Via OTA, which would require you to un-root your phone and have stock Froyo(2.3.340), and you would have to wait for the official drop of the update(4.5.596 build) WHEN EVER that is.

2 - this path reqiures you to get more hands on with your device, being able to boot into clockwork recovery, make nandriod back-ups and flashing multiple zips files. like i said a lil more hands on.