Droid x 2.3

qman66

Reaction score
no plus that would take u longer. this is simple it will restore just how u had it wen u did the backup

turdbogls

Reaction score
i find a battery pull does not get me into clockwork recovery. i had a problem yesterday where i had to boot into CWM recovery, and couldn't get it to go (got the stock recovery...lol)

pull battery and put it back in, plug phone into wall charger, it should show a big battery icon, pull battery, and it should boot into clockwork recovery (put the battery back in, once in recovery you can and should unplug the phone). make sure you are seeing green text. from there use the up/down volume buttons to navigate to backup and restore, use camera button to select it, navigate to restore, select, select the backup you made (the name will be in a date format unless you manually went in there and changed it) select yes, let it do its thing. it will tell you it is finished, then reboot. all should be good then.

from now on i wouldn't download or FLASH a ROM unless you get it from the droid X ROM forum here.

turdbogls

Reaction score
on a side note, you said everythings been crapping out.....does that mean you actually got it to boot?

cjriddle22

Reaction score
That would really suck but do you or does anyone know how to install a backup because I did back it up but it was through rom manager

Do you have Droid X Bootstrapper installed? If not you could be in for some trouble. When you made your backup with ROM manager, did it actually make a backup or just reboot your phone? Did you go back into ROM manager to confirm that there was in fact a backup made?

Franky_V

Reaction score
You could try using the sbf, then re-root and bootstrap and cwm recovery, then restore the back up.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Franky_V

Reaction score
But you NEED to make sure you have the correct sbf. I made that mistake once, and that was one lesson too many.

cjriddle22

Reaction score
i find a battery pull does not get me into clockwork recovery. i had a problem yesterday where i had to boot into CWM recovery, and couldn't get it to go (got the stock recovery...lol)

pull battery and put it back in, plug phone into wall charger, it should show a big battery icon, pull battery, and it should boot into clockwork recovery (put the battery back in, once in recovery you can and should unplug the phone). make sure you are seeing green text. from there use the up/down volume buttons to navigate to backup and restore, use camera button to select it, navigate to restore, select, select the backup you made (the name will be in a date format unless you manually went in there and changed it) select yes, let it do its thing. it will tell you it is finished, then reboot. all should be good then.

from now on i wouldn't download or FLASH a ROM unless you get it from the droid X ROM forum here.

Here are some alternate ways to get to clockwork if your phone is powered off. I needed this one time when I couldn't get past a boot loop.

Boot Into Recovery From Power Off State

My biggest fear is that he didn't actually make a backup when he used ROM manager.

Last edited:

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Ahhhhh ROM Manager!!

DroidForums Junkie!!

OP
B

brmk226

Reaction score
So I erased everything on my phone and is there anyway I can get the backup? Or do I have to start from scratch again

turdbogls

Reaction score
So I erased everything on my phone and is there anyway I can get the backup? Or do I have to start from scratch again

did if you erased the SD card, then you are SOL and you need to SBF.

but here in lies the problem, you have to know what system version you were on when you flashed CM7. if you took the latest OTA update you should be on 2.3.340, so find the 2.3.32( i think someone verify) and download it to a PC, and flash it using RSD lite. there is a tutorial on the internet, i would link it but i dont know if that is allowed on these forums.

the SBF flashing is pretty painless, it just takes a while. this will get you to the latest software from motorola and you will NOT be rooted. root again, READ, READ, READ and ask questions before you do anything else. if you have any questions, just send me a message. i know what i am doing for the most part and i will help you to understand flashing ROMs and whatnot.

Franky_V

Reaction score
If you're talking about accounts and texts, then yes probably. If you made a titanium back up of your apps then no.

Franky_V

Reaction score
The back up is saved on the sdcard under a folder

OP
B

brmk226

Reaction score
Idk what any of the abbreviations are lol and it wasn't a titanium one i got that app but never even opened it I used th back up in rom manager just don't know how to access it know

Franky_V

Reaction score
Just do what my earlier post said to do, and then you can restore that back up.

Franky_V

Reaction score
Its a pain, I know, but sbf solves oh so many inconveniences