Rooting 2.3 update

OP
A

Assocracer

Reaction score
Not sure what you want me to click. So what's next? :) I know i need to make a back up of my current rom in case i happen to nuke something when i start playing :) What i would like to do is install a rom similar to the HTC interface. Any ideas where to find something like that? And how to make a back up?

detox

Reaction score
Download rom manager. You can make a backup there. I would also suggest titanium backup to save all your things.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

scubieman

Reaction score
before you do anything you need the superuser.apk installed. Did you open my link up in your phones browser?

Also did you allow installs from unknown sources?

OP
A

Assocracer

Reaction score
Download rom manager. You can make a backup there. I would also suggest titanium backup to save all your things.

Which rom manager do you think is the best to use?

OP
A

Assocracer

Reaction score
Saw that one, worth spending the cash or just get the free version?

detox

Reaction score
I always give the cash. Those guys work their butts off. But that's up to you

scubieman

Reaction score
Get the free ROM manager the paid is not all the much better,

If superuser.apk is installed.

You need to open rom manager then flash clockword mod recovery then go down to backup and click backup. It will reboot into recovery. Make sure to flash clockwordmod recovery. If you don't it will reboot and do nothing. You have to flash each time you want to enter recovery.

detox

Reaction score
Last post before I go to bed. Always backup your files. Its better to have more backups than none. Do your research before installing Roms. The last thing you want is to brick your phone. Install Droid x bootstrapper. Its a very handy tool. YouTube has some good tutorials on installing roms. Also when you download rom manager, make sure you flash clockwork recovery. Goodnight and congrats

teddy89

Reaction score
detox said:
Last post before I go to bed. Always backup your files. Its better to have more backups than none. Do your research before installing Roms. The last thing you want is to brick your phone. Install Droid x bootstrapper. Its a very handy tool. YouTube has some good tutorials on installing roms. Also when you download rom manager, make sure you flash clockwork recovery. Goodnight and congrats

I need help rooting my DROID x 2.3.3 please help me

leftspin

Reaction score