I'm thinking of upgrading from a Droid 1 to the Droid X, seeking your opinions.

AlphaDroid

Reaction score

I've had a Droid 1 for approx 1 year and like the idea of the bigger screen size. I use my Droid 1 to take pictures, videos, read stuff on the internet, check emails...

My question is, do you think this is a good idea to upgrade to the Droid X?

Are there other phones that are better than the Droid X that I should consider? If so, which ones? What would be the top 1-5-10 phones that equal or better than the Droid X?

Is there a place that ranks these new phones so I can read the reviews?

There is so much information out there that I can get somewhat lost trying to read it all.

Thanks for your help fellow Droiders and please leave me your opinion.

Last edited:

NattyBee

Reaction score

I've had a Droid 1 for approx 1 year and like the idea of the bigger screen size. I use my Droid 1 to take pictures, videos, read stuff on the internet, check emails...

Are there other phones that are better than the Droid X that I should consider? If so, which ones?

There is so much information out there that I can get somewhat lost trying to read it all.

I loved my Droid 1, but I love my Droid X even more...for comparisons, try searching youtube... also, a great place for Droid users of all sorts is MyDroidWorld :)
MyDroidWorld and DroidForums are my 2 most frequented sites of all ;)

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

johall07

Reaction score

Are there other phones that are better than the Droid X that I should consider? If so, which ones?

just wait.....all the new phones that will be coming out in the next year will put them both to shame

OP
A

AlphaDroid

Reaction score
johall07

Do you mean wait until 2012? That's a long time. I'd prefer to buy something in the next few weeks. I like the bigger screen size of the Droid X.

Last edited:

rhinoman585

Reaction score
Ya I second waiting. I actually just went from D1(1 year) to D2(3 weeks) to DX(3rd day..) and I love the X, but there are really some amazing phones coming out starting in just a few weeks and then all throughout the year. I didn't burn my upgrade so I should be able to get into a new phone in a few months. The new technology is absolutely amazing in some of the upcoming devices. Mainly tegra 2. If you can hold out another few weeks or month or so, I say wait. just my $.02

huskerkate

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
it comes down to personal preference, as well as your needs. right now, there are some monster phones set to be released in the next few months, with the most anticipated ones being the HTC Thunderbolt (in a few weeks) and the Moto Bionic (supposed to come end of Q2). the Bionic is going to be a dual core (Tegra 2 2x1ghz processor), 4.3" screen, ffc, hdmi out, LTE capable, etc. and there's also rumors of the DX2 coming out in the summer.

i certainly can't disagree with the recommendations to take a wait and see approach. but, if you feel that you need to make a move now, i would certainly recommend just getting a 1 yr contract, cuz i think we're gonna see some amazing advancements in phone capabilities this year.

A

abn75

I too just upgraded from a D1 to the DX. Now dont get me wrong, I love my D1, I still use it on a different line, but I have no regrets on getting the DX. I love the size of the screen, and I hardly ever used the physical keyboard on the D1. To me, the DX seems lighter in weight than the D1 did, even if it is slightly bulkier. If you are going to upgrade now and not wait for the faster phones to come out (which they do ever few months/weeks anymore) I dont think you will regret getting the D1, or even the D2G if you want a physical keyboard.

Rocko

Reaction score
The DX is way better than the D1 or 2 just because of the screen size. It really makes a difference. I wouldn't get locked into a contract just yet though. The iphone and some other new android phones are just about to launch. Wait a month or so and see what's out there. The Droid X 2 will also be out soon.

huskerkate

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
initial rumors/indications are a May/June release for the DX2, and end of June for the Bionic (altho i would not be at all surprised if that got pushed back into July or Aug).

jcolt

Reaction score
I had the OG Droid and upgraded in November to the DX. I agree there might be some amazing phones around the corner, but I have to say the DX has blown me away. It far exceeds the OG Droid in performance. Very snappy and almost no lag. The screen size makes all the difference as well. I thought is would be too big but now I would never go back to a smaller screen. I would highly recommend the DX if you want something now and don't want to wait. I doubt you will be disapointed.

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
I just sold my D1 on ebay and picked up a used DX. WOW do I love the X. You may want to look into doing that. My upgrade is still in August and I have the best phone out to play with until then!

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
I had the OG Droid and upgraded in November to the DX. I agree there might be some amazing phones around the corner, but I have to say the DX has blown me away. It far exceeds the OG Droid in performance. Very snappy and almost no lag. The screen size makes all the difference as well. I thought is would be too big but now I would never go back to a smaller screen. I would highly recommend the DX if you want something now and don't want to wait. I doubt you will be disapointed.

100% agree! ^^ :)