Droid 1 to Droid x?

ronjr123

Reaction score
IMO an Overclocked D1 is almost as good as the X

Again, I tend to disagree. The X is alot smoother than my D1 ever thought of being. My D1 was rooted, custom ROM and overclocked but could never get rid of that pesky lagging.

Along with larger screen that makes typing sooo much better. And the camera is hands down better than the D1.

Realistically other than being made by the same company, these two phone have nothing really in common. The X is superior in every way.
Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

nmsystms

Reaction score
But it just works perfectly. There's really nothing I wanna change.

Jeff0r3

Haha that's exactly how I feel. After installing LauncherPro, the phone is so speedy just the way it is. I've rooted, removed bloatware, removed ads and my phone runs perfectly!

I have been debating installing a ROM or not. I have heard good things about Rubix. I have also thought about overclocking but dont really see a point since my phone is already sooo smooth!

I originally had a rooted / overclocked droid 1 and my new Droix X was noticeably faster out of the box. After rooting, now its just amazing :)

brianes99

Reaction score
have both

I started with the droid 1, I use it now primarily as a work phone, purchased an X about a month ago and it is a HUGE improvement. Most of the stock apps have a few extra tweaks for the X (nothing major, just noticeable).

The extra half inch on the screen is a very noticeable improvement. I have a lot of mp4 vids, so its cool to be able to play them on the tv set, also.
The ability to download alot more apps is nice.

The only downside is getting used to the different positions for the 4 standard buttons (originally on screen, now physical buttons). Other ergonomic issues, for me, is moving the power button to the center of the phone, rather than the right side...before was convenient for my thumb when bringing the phone in and out of sleep, now its a bit of a stretch.