Droid X Speaker Volume

Sascol

Reaction score
Definitely a huge difference, Droid has a great speaker!! The X can't even get you through a conversation on speakerphone let alone listening to anything in the media dept. It's sad...Although I just read about an update that will hopefully fix the speaker issues....

Motorola addressing the Droid X's speaker volume in future update | Android Central

We will see....

-OUt

Odd. I have a DroidX - never had the original one so I can't compare but my speakerphone is silly loud. No issue at all. What I do have aan issue with though is the vibration. It is barely detectable.

ctfd114

Reaction score
I agree, the size of the phone is not an issue. whoever thought of that is just plain ignorant. I too, cannot hear my phone with the windows up and the radio barely on. If verizon doesnt make this right soon, i will be going to a different carrier.. This has been an issue for way too long. Something needs to be done, bc quite frankly, im tired of missing calls and texts. Ill take my business to a company that doesnt have these problems and when they do, they fix it and not ignore it.

ctfd114

Reaction score
Definitely a huge difference, Droid has a great speaker!! The X can't even get you through a conversation on speakerphone let alone listening to anything in the media dept. It's sad...Although I just read about an update that will hopefully fix the speaker issues....

Motorola addressing the Droid X's speaker volume in future update | Android Central

We will see....

-OUt

Id like to know more about this update, my phone hasnt updated, and ive checked on the phone for an update, and it doesnt show anything....and ive seen other people on here update their phone with no results......What gives???

liferefugee

Reaction score
I am another one who does not understand this speaker issue everyone complains about. At full volume in a call, I have to hold my phone away from my ear it is so loud... and I have hearing issues (just ask my wife :)). On speaker phone I can have my phone on my dash mount and hold a conversation with someone just fine... they say it is a little soft, but I can hear them without issue. When playing music on the speaker, it sounds much better than my old phone which had too much vibration to sound good. gotta wonder, do some of you have the sound turned down?

If volume suddenly goes up with tomorrow's update though, I sure wont complain.

ctfd114

Reaction score
I am another one who does not understand this speaker issue everyone complains about. At full volume in a call, I have to hold my phone away from my ear it is so loud... and I have hearing issues (just ask my wife :)). On speaker phone I can have my phone on my dash mount and hold a conversation with someone just fine... they say it is a little soft, but I can hear them without issue. When playing music on the speaker, it sounds much better than my old phone which had too much vibration to sound good. gotta wonder, do some of you have the sound turned down?

Not to sound crappy, but im sure most of us know how to operate our phone's volume. And its not the in call volume we are talking about. It is the RINGTONE/TEXT TONE and navigation volume we are talking about. I have an original droid, and my droidX. I sat them side by side and tested their speaker and ringtone volume against eachother just a couple hours ago. The original droid is by far louder than my droidX. Im not sure where the confusion is? Verizon has admitted to me personally that it was a design error and they were working on an update. So obvioulsy, if anyone says that we dont know how to operate our phones, or we dont know what we are talking about, that person cleary doesnt know what he is talking.

ctfd114

Reaction score

Not to sound crappy, but im sure most of us know how to operate our phone's volume. And its not the in call volume we are talking about. It is the RINGTONE/TEXT TONE and navigation volume we are talking about. I have an original droid, and my droidX. I sat them side by side and tested their speaker and ringtone volume against eachother just a couple hours ago. The original droid is by far louder than my droidX. Im not sure where the confusion is? Verizon has admitted to me personally that it was a design error and they were working on an update. So obvioulsy, if anyone says that we dont know how to operate our phones, or we dont know what we are talking about, that person cleary doesnt know what he is talking.
And just to add to that, since it is a design error, that means EVERY single droidX has this problem. not just a bad batch...

vtbobm

Reaction score
media speaker

are you saying we can control the phone's volume ourselves!?

yes, sarcasm. As stated earlier, playing pandora or mp3s from my old blackberry was enjoyable while doing work in the yard or listening to a baseball game in the house/driving ect. now, with the X, and ALL THE VOLUME keys/settings maxed out... i can barely hear it above ambient noise.

vtbobm

Reaction score
Does anyone notice an improvement now with 2.2?

well... i just tried pandora... and I don't wanna speak too soon... but, yes! seems much louder. though i do have one disclaimer... i'm in my office and it's kinda quiet right now.

bigjunior45

Reaction score
Hello Droid community this is my first post so bare with me.

Before the 2.2 update I could barely hear my phone when I got a phone call or text message. Now after downloading the 2.2 update last night at 11:50 pm I played a couple of ringtones that I made on the ringdroid app and it seemed a little louder but I was in my bedroom where it was quite. I played one of my favorite radio stations on the tunein app here at work and it seems a little louder but yet again I'm in a quite room.

I'll wait till I get home and turn on both the TV and surround sound to make my final judgement. On the 2.1 software I could barely hear my X go off when I got a phone call or text message while I was watching TV where the surround sound wasn't too loud or too quite but just right.

One thing that bugged me is that I called Verizon in my area and they never heard about any speaker volume problems and thought that I had a defective phone which wasn't the case. I told them to browse the web on this topic because its a hot topic on forums and youtube.

deek

Reaction score

Before the 2.2 update I could barely hear my phone when I got a phone call or text message. Now after downloading the 2.2 update last night at 11:50 pm I played a couple of ringtones that I made on the ringdroid app and it seemed a little louder but I was in my bedroom where it was quite. I played one of my favorite radio stations on the tunein app here at work and it seems a little louder but yet again I'm in a quite room.

I'll wait till I get home and turn on both the TV and surround sound to make my final judgement. On the 2.1 software I could barely hear my X go off when I got a phone call or text message while I was watching TV where the surround sound wasn't too loud or too quite but just right.

One thing that bugged me is that I called Verizon in my area and they never heard about any speaker volume problems and thought that I had a defective phone which wasn't the case. I told them to browse the web on this topic because its a hot topic on forums and youtube.

My G-mail e-mail notification is the "Droid" sound (Same as when you turn the phone on I believe) I didn't really seem to find much change, if any at all.

I was hoping for and some-what expecting a night & day difference. This is obviously no where near a night & day difference.
I have my settings all maxed out for the volume.
I want to be able to hear my phone ring while listening to music in my car at a moderate level. I want to be able to hear my phone ring while it sits in another room.

sboman_32

Reaction score
way to close to the equator for my taste...

My G-mail e-mail notification is the "Droid" sound (Same as when you turn the phone on I believe) I didn't really seem to find much change, if any at all.

I was hoping for and some-what expecting a night & day difference. This is obviously no where near a night & day difference.
I have my settings all maxed out for the volume.
I want to be able to hear my phone ring while listening to music in my car at a moderate level. I want to be able to hear my phone ring while it sits in another room.

i think there is def. a small difference.