Is the volume louder with leaked froyo 2.2?

Guyute

Reaction score
I see a lot of posts complaining about audio loudness.... mine is loud and clear. In fact, I had to turn it down from default it was so loud.

Maybe it just varies by unit, like with anything else?

Ditto!

Just called my doctor's office and put my X on Speaker phone so my wife could hear both sides of the conversation. She was impressed with the volume too as she could hear the nurse over our washing machine.

My X is 'stock' and still on 2.1.

I'm with you on this one, like I said right out of the box my X seemed to have plenty of volume and I'm also stock 2.1. I heard it ring through a sliding glass door and if I leave it in my home office, I can clearly hear it ring from my living room or kitchen. It makes me wonder if it's just some phones or if people are hard of hearing.

ggaabe

Reaction score
The external speaker seems slightly louder. I use vibrate for ringer and haven't had a problem missing notifications. The headphone volume still seems the same. I had a iCan't 3G before getting a DX. The volume and bass especially was better on 3G.

I could always use the 3G as music player, I guess...

The DX is just about loud enough for me at full volume for headphones, but sometimes on really good songs I wish it had 2-3 more clicks...

Maybe you have bad headphones? I personally use clip-on headphones and at full volume they hurt my ears. Have you tried with anyone else's headphones or earphones?