Volume on droid X sux, or is it just me?

WesleyJ

Reaction score
Volume on droid X sux, or is it just me? alsodoes the DX have auto focus?

I have noticed that the volume on the droid X isnt very good.... My Wife's Droid seems to have way better sound... its there app or a function that allows me to make it even louder? and yes my volume it is up all the way... the only thing i can maybe think of doing is perhaps making a ring tone and customize it to be loud myself..

Add on:

Does this phone have an auto focus? this phone is awesome and it seems they were more concerned about making it a bad ass phone they left out all the little details of other phones

highrange101

Reaction score
I am having the same problem. My droid volume is just too soft. I can't hear it just being in a diffrent room and its turned up all the way.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Mine seems fine.....And I'm on the deaf side of things...

Child_of_Bodom

Reaction score
Are you talking about just the volume or the sound quality also? The initial sound quality of Droid X SUCKS. You have to configure it first. Go to Settings then Media Audio Effects and turn it on. Change the settings to what you want and voila.

highrange101

Reaction score
its the notification alerts. Just not loud enough to be heard. I had a BB Storm before the DX. The Storm was very loud. Im a truck driver and the inside the cab is very noisy, the DX is about 3 feet from my ear in a holder and even that close i cant hear when it rings, or any notification sounds. I have the loudest sounds I can find and still cant hear it....... i have missed call because i just cant hear it. At home and quit next to phone i can hear it but one room over and i never hear it. Volume on DX is only half of the Storm both on high..... DX is 1000 times better. Just wish I could hear it.

BrendonSF

Reaction score
The upcoming 2.2 update includes a noticeable boost in the volume department.

DrSarcasmo

Reaction score
When I updated to 2.2 the volume increased quite nicely. I was watching Once Upon a Time in The West with the volume cranked and I could hear it all the way across the house. Under Media Audio Effects I set the phones speaker to extreme bass under the equalizer setting. That helped too.

macandroid

Reaction score
Had a 4-year old "dumb phone" with great volume/speaker/rings ... my primary use for the Droid X is as a phone ... can barely use it because I don't hear it ring & when I do make a connection I can barely hear the person speak on the other end! I have another week to decide if I return the phone. I'm worried the problem is the hardware & not the software which 2.2 might help. Advice would be much appreciated!

jaydog88

Reaction score
Just to let you know, When you get Froyo 2.2 on your phone you will be very pleased with the volume increase... I was.
It was a software glitch and for sure not hardware problem.
Seems very close to the original Droid 1.