Rooted now what?

SwagTech

Reaction score
I'm unlocked and rooted but still stock 4.0.2. I am new at this and I'm kinda scared to flash a rom, only because I really don't know how. I have seen a boot animation that I would love to have. Is it possible just to download this animation without having to wipe my phone again? Are there any tutorials available to show how to install a rom? I have been reading different forums but still not completely comfortable trying just yet. Thanks for the patience and help..
Long live the Galaxy Nexus

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

pool_shark

Reaction score
I did a lot of reading about the different ROMs before even downloading the software to do it.
I installed rom manager from the market and flashed cwm.
Then I downloaded a few ROMs.
I booted into cwm recovery, wiped cache and data, flashed Paradigm, flashed gapps, and rebooted.

OP
SwagTech

SwagTech

Reaction score
You make it seem so easy! I had done everything you mentioned as far as rom manager and CW. I bought another app called Rom toolbox pro and I was able to download a rom... Here's where it got tricky for me lol. But I will try what you said and see how it works... Thanks

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

pool_shark

Reaction score
It is easy.
From what I've read, most suggest not flashing the ROM from romtoolbox or rom manager.
They suggest flashing it from cwm.
They also suggest downloading the ROM from websites instead of the software, but I downloaded from both of those apps and the checksums were fine.