Someone plzzz helpp (failed installing rom with no backup)

Pathum003

Reaction score
HI i thank you so much for viewing this. Please help put in anyway you can please.

Today i wanted to install a new ROM to my Galaxy Nexus. This is my first time doing any type of installing where i rooted the phone. I read a thread where they released a leak for JellyBean 4.1 to Galaxy Nexus LTE Verizon customers. Ive used youtube tutorials to unlock my Nexus and have Superuser which worked out fine. Then i followed another video on how to install the Jellybean ROM which started out pretty well till after installation it would not start up. It is Bootlooping on Jellybean boot animation and i do not know what to do. I do not have a backup of which i saved. The backup i thought i made is only my user files on the phone like music and photos etc.

Can someone plz show me how to go back to the original stock rom (ICS 4.0.4 IMM76K LTE for Verizon). I do not care if i lost everything beacause i have my user files backed up. I just need the phone to turn on right now to its original state how do i do that?? plz help

****heres the link for the Jellybean Rom which i downloaded******* Fully Working Verizon Galaxy Nexus Android 4.1 Jelly Bean ROMs Already Available – Droid Life

****here is the tutorial i followed to root my phone ****** How to Root Galaxy Nexus! [Universal Guide][GSM/Verizon/Sprint][Windows/Linux/Mac] | GalaxyNexusRoot.com

****here is the tutorial i followed to install the ROM******[video=youtube;3YkX8Gt1PXA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3YkX8Gt1PXA[/video]

i just need to get back to the original state thank you

cupfulloflol

Reaction score
Can you get into the bootloader (fastboot mode)? Hold both volume up + volume down + power button as you power the device on.

If not can you get into Odin mode (download mode)? Hold just volume down + power button as you power the device on.

OP
P

Pathum003

Reaction score
Galaxy nexus root toolkit

i am currently trying to go back to stock with the Galaxy Nexus Root Toolkit v.1.4 ..... will that work?

cupfulloflol

Reaction score
i am currently trying to go back to stock with the Galaxy Nexus Root Toolkit v.1.4 ..... will that work?

It should. I was just making sure you could get into the bootloader or Odin mode before giving you instructions on what to do next.

DJTaT2

Reaction score
It took my phone around 5 min in boot while everything was getting set up for use the first time

OP
P

Pathum003

Reaction score
Thank youu

thank you soo much for all your concerns but the galaxy nexus toolkit worked for me
it returned me to 4.0.2 but not 4.0.4 now all i need is to figure out how to go back to 4.0.4 thank you soooo much for trying dancedroid:icon_ banana:DancingNexus

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
thank you soo much for all your concerns but the galaxy nexus toolkit worked for me
it returned me to 4.0.2 but not 4.0.4 now all i need is to figure out how to go back to 4.0.4 thank you soooo much for trying dancedroid:icon_ banana:DancingNexus
try checking for update through the settings.