Rooted fascinate mms not working on custom roms

Genetic Droid

Reaction score
Hey guys
I rooted fascinate with z4 root. No matter what options and roms I install I send blank text/mms and I can't receive any. The strange part is that if I send an text or mms to my email it goes thru OK. When I reply from my email I get nothing. Any clue?

Reaction score
there are two common solutions for this problem. a) you have to reformat your numbers in the +1xxxxxxxxx, 1-xxx-xxx-xxxx, or 1(xxx)xxx-xxxx. play around with the format. b) the second solution is to call verizon and get reset on the network. i know many people where one or the other solution work and some where nothing worked.

Last edited:
OP
Genetic Droid

Genetic Droid

Reaction score
there are two common solutions for this problem. a) you have to reformat your numbers in the +1xxxxxxxxx, 1-xxx-xxx-xxxx, or 1(xxx)xxx-xxxx. play around with the format. b) the second solution is to call verizon and get reset on the network. i know many people where one or the other solution work and some where nothing worked.

Thanks for ur input but I have to add when I'm using the stock rom rooted the text and mms work perfectly. It wont work with custom roms

Reaction score
yes, still it can be about format or the network recognizing your phone. try a few formats, give v a call could save you a lot of fussing around time.

but for some it's never resolved.

OP
Genetic Droid

Genetic Droid

Reaction score
yes, still it can be about format or the network recognizing your phone. try a few formats, give v a call could save you a lot of fussing around time.

but for some it's never resolved.
Awesome thanks. I will try this once I'm home for the night

misaac

Reaction score
WAIT! I would be willing to bet that you flashed a rom but did not update the kernel and modem!

I just went through this same thing. I could send a message, mms, to my yahoo account but couldn't receive anything back. Turned out I didn't know what I was doing and didn't flash the kernel and modem.

Last edited:

zombie1991

Reaction score
A little more info would help those willing to help. You rooted but what are your settings?

When you go to settings/about phone..what is your firmware version, baseband version, and build number?

Also, what ROM and kernel are you trying to use? You could be just trying to use some things not compatible with each other.

OP
Genetic Droid

Genetic Droid

Reaction score
WAIT! I would be willing to bet that you flashed a rom but did not update the kernel and modem!

I just went through this same thing. I could send a message, mms, to my yahoo account but couldn't receive anything back. Turned out I didn't know what I was doing and didn't flash the kernel and modem.

I updated the kernel, but not the modem. is that one in the same? I did update the kernel at first with voodoo lag fix. I bricked my phone. I was able to restore the phone with flashing a stock rom back on it.

A little more info would help those willing to help. You rooted but what are your settings?

When you go to settings/about phone..what is your firmware version, baseband version, and build number?

Also, what ROM and kernel are you trying to use? You could be just trying to use some things not compatible with each other.

Ok heres the info I got off my cell.
Firmware 2.1- update 1
Baseband: S:i500.04 V DI01
Kernel version: 2.6.29
Build Number: SCH-I500.DI01

I tried 3 different ROMS with the kernel that was made for that ROM. The latest one that I wanted to use was the DL09 based ROM. Should I start all over and go back to stock then apply the new OTA update? Then re root and start from there? Thanks for all the help. I really love the Fascinate compared to my Droid1.

Last edited:
OP
Genetic Droid

Genetic Droid

Reaction score
Ok, I put more time into my fascinate last night. I flashed the stock image using Odin3. I updated using the OTA update to the DL09 update. Z4root didnt work so i had to use superoneclick (which worked great). I used Odin3 to install CWMRecovery. I then installed a custom ROM built from DL09. Everything works 100% but I cant get the text received reports to work. no biggie! I guess I should have done that before posting here. Your posts made me think more so I fixed my own issue. Im really liking the Fascinate alot more now. I will be waiting for the 2.2 updated ROM! Ive done a bit of research on the gingerbread android. Its made for more powerful cells and tablets. The Fascinate seems to have the hardware to run it but its gonna eat more battery. I guess I will not go past the 2.2.