Sending MMS messages thru Handcent

m@tt

Reaction score
I'm not sure if any other members are having this issue, but figure I would post it to see and hopefully there is a fix. On my TB when sending MMS pictures I have to send them thru the stock messaging application. If I try to send them thru handcent they just sit there trying to send. Also goes for receiving MMS messages.

Setting I have in Handcent
Auto-retrieve turned off
Auto size picture on
Maximum MMS size 300k I have try others same issue
I have set that my counter is cleared daily

Thanks for your help.

turdbogls

Reaction score
i noticed that on my droid X...but it seemed to happen at random. there were times it would hang, then there were times it would go through right away. i would try clearing cache and force stopping handcent and trying to sent it again.

mamawm

Reaction score
i had this problem over the weekend with a d1. normally when i am sending a pic with mms a box pops up that says resize and i answer yes. so when the box popped up i didn't read it, i should have. after about the 4th try i realized it said "send mms through handcent services" and i answered no and then the resize box popped up and the mms went through without a hitch. hope this helps.

OP
m@tt

m@tt

Reaction score
Update,

Spoke with the admin from handcent he's going to send a beta version to try. I will keep you posted if it works.

OP
m@tt

m@tt

Reaction score
Spoke with the admin from handcent, It turns out by default when there is a new update with handcent application The setting goes back to normal at less mine did. Below is the fix

Issue resolved

handcent: handcent settings->application settings->default message settings to "disable"
change the option to "disable"

Mine was set to SMS after changing this setting everything started working again.

mamawm

Reaction score
Thanks so much for the info, I'll check my settings right now. Maybe we should see about getting this thread moved to the apps forum as I'm sure there will be others with the same issue.

loves2laugh

Reaction score
Ok, I'm not sure how to start a new question, so I'm going to put my question on this thread.........sorry.;)

I have a Droid Incredible and use Handcent. I also have my phone locked so it requires a password to get into it. But, my incoming message shows up on my front screen before I put in my password, what's the point in having your phone locked if anybody can see your incoming message? HELP!!

mamawm

Reaction score
Ok, I'm not sure how to start a new question, so I'm going to put my question on this thread.........sorry.;)

I have a Droid Incredible and use Handcent. I also have my phone locked so it requires a password to get into it. But, my incoming message shows up on my front screen before I put in my password, what's the point in having your phone locked if anybody can see your incoming message? HELP!!

Open handcent, hit menu, application settings, notifications, and you will see an option to disable the popup. You will still see a notification in the notification bar.

belfastbailey

Reaction score
Handcent MMS issue...

M@tt,

Thank you, Mate. I was at my wit's end and did a google search for my issue with my Handcent...saw your post and tried it...pics sending and receiving like clockwork. Appreciate the great, letter-perfect fix! CHEERS!