Rooted DROIDX Gingerbread 4.5.602

barski

Reaction score

If you installed a rooted version of the original DROIDX Gingerbread update, I’m guessing that you would like the latest version that fixes numerous bugs while staying rooted? The folks at MyDroidWorld have you covered as usual. There is a catch though – you’ll need to SBF back to Blur 2.3.340 (or maybe not? See note) in order to install these files. That’s the price we pay to have a semi-open phone though, isn’t it?

Downloads
: Part 1 | Part 2

Instructions:
*Note – you may be able to upgrade without SBF-ing back to Froyo if you are 100% completely stock on .596, with root. You can find instructions here.
1. Return your phone to Froyo 2.3.340 using this SBF.
2. Root the device using z4root.
3. Bootstrap the phone using DROID2 bootstrap (yes, DROID2).
4. Drop both files from above on your SD Card.
5. Tell Bootstrap to “reboot recovery.”
6. From within recovery, “install zip from sd card” and flash the Part 1 file.
7. Before leaving recovery, flash the Part 2 file.
8. Once both files have run successfully, you can reboot your phone.
9. Enjoy!

Full support can be found at this MDW thread.

Cheers Brett and David!

Via: Droid-Life

Reaction score
FYI, you can also install .596 ROMs over .602. I know LGB 0.9 works, not sure about others, but I'm guessing they'll do just fine. The system after installing LGB 0.9 reports .596 but the new kernel and radio (the important parts of the update) stick.

droidtom

Reaction score
Worked perfectly

Wow thanks. Instructions worked perfectly. 596 had been garbage for me compared to 571 and I wasn't in the mood for an sbf and resetup. These instructions and I was done in 10 minutes or so. This rocks.