Root Problem

Starman002

Reaction score
I have 2.1. My droid was rooted with 2.1 & seemed ok. Then after a couple of months (just recently) my GPS was off. I was off as much as 2 to 3 blocks. Then I started sending repeat text messages that would not stop sending until I turned the droid off. Last evening I lost data connection/internet completely. My droid became just phone. I did a factory reset but it didn't restore my 3G/Internet connection. Now I got a new Droid (didn't erase the SD card) & I can't root. I do the standard running dmupdater but as I run the android recovery menu I get the following error E: can't open /cache/recovery/command. Can someone help me & give me an idea if I need to wipe the SD card or what? Thank-you.

Starman002 ([email protected])

OP
S

Starman002

Reaction score
Can't Root Droid 2.1

I signed in yesterday & put this same problem in the forums, but must be the wrong place. I had my old droid hacked with the 2.1 via dmupdater.
My old droid started doing GPS addressing wrong, duplicate text messaging & wouldn't stop sending until I turned off phone & finall all 3G/Data stopped complete. Well yesteday I got a new droid & still have the old SD card. When I try to root I get the following error E:Can't open /cache/recovery/command & when I try to run apply sdcard:update.zip the droid the the Install from sdcard but I get the following error E:signature verification failed Installation aborted.

Please help. Are there files I need to delete from the droid SD card?

Starman002

[email protected]; [email protected]

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Thats because the new droid already is on the official 2.1. You need to use rsdlite to install 2.1 with sprecovery

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
merging the other thread here

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Please don't cross post. It's against Forum rules and causes confusion. Your thread in the hacking section was deleted per Rescue Squad request.