My Fascinate will not turn on! Please help!!

killer13666

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Fascinate
Last night, I was looking at an article I found on Facebook. I was reading the article, and my phone locked up (my phone has a tendency to freeze when I am using any web browser.) So I took out the battery like I do any other time that this happens. I put it back in after two or three seconds. I then turned it on. It is fine until the boot animation starts up. Then it will stay at the boot animation forever. I did not download anything before it happened. The phone is rooted. I have already tried wiping the cache partition and taking out the SD card. Neither worked. Would a factory reset fix the problem, and would it erase the root on my phone. By the way, when I booted in recovery and tried wiping the cache partition, I got the following.

ClockworkMod Recovery v4.0.1.0
E: Can't mount /cache/recovery/command
E: Can't mount /cache/recovery/log
E: Can't open /cache/recovery/log
E: Can't mount /cache/recovery/last_log
E: Can't open /cache/recovery/last_log

--Wiping cache...
Formatting /cache...
Error mounting /cache!
Skipping format...
Cache wipe complete.
E: Can't mount /cache/recovery/log
E: Can't open /cache/recovery/log
E: Can't mount /cache/recovery/last_log
E: Can't open /cache/recovery/last_log

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
Try leaving the battery out for a full 10 minutes. If that doesn't work, you may have to boot into recovery and restore a Nandroid backup. (assuming you made a Nandroid)

tap'n on my S5

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Try leaving the battery out for a full 10 minutes. If that doesn't work, you may have to boot into recovery and restore a Nandroid backup. (assuming you made a Nandroid)

tap'n on my S5
To add to cr6, if that suggestion doesn't work, a hard reset would probably be your final option before reflashing completely.

OP
K

killer13666

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Fascinate
I was just going to reflash it. But the problem is, I was told by my friend (the one who flashed it in the first place) that doing a hard reset would get rid of everything, including the ROM. I can't ask him anytime soon to reflash it, so can one of you please tell me how to do it? If you need to know, it has AOKP on it currently, and I want to put Eclipse v5.0 on it. Thank you in advance!

KaosMaster

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
SCH-I545 Galaxy S4 (Verizon)
OK! I can help you reflash to stock if you like! I answered your previous post I believe about updating your ROM! If you need focused help, Make about a two hour block of time, then PM me and let me know, I can Google Hangout with you and walk you thru the steps one by one! :) Also, we could reflash the Device and you could re-root it, and start from scratch! Just shoot me a message!! I get everything on my phone! ;)