Samsung Galaxy S3 Bricked.

Manuel.95

Reaction score
Hello all,
Yesterday I saw that my phone had a black screen and i was surprised because i didn't use it since the morning. I pressed the power button to turn it off or turn it on if it was already off and it's stuck on the "Samsung Galaxy SIII I-9300" logo without having any mood to go past that point.

I tried to remove the battery and put it in again.
I tried to let the battery run out of charge and charge it again for a bit.
I tried to remove the sd card.
Nothing solved it.

The phone can get into recovery and download mode.
In recovery mode there are some alerts at the bottom saying that "Can't mount /cache/recovery/command, /cache/recovery/log, /cache/recovery/last_log" and "Can't open /cache/recovery/log, /cache/recovery/last_log"
If i try to wipe or format cache i get an error: "format_volume: make_extf4fs failed on /dev/block/mmcblk0p8"
If i try to wipe Dalvik Cache nothing happen.
If i try to mount or format any of the /efs, /system, /cache, /preload, /data. it just gives me an error saying "error mounting /XYZ" or "error formatting /XYZ" with XYZ the various names.

The download mode isn't recognized by Odin3.
My phone has ClockworkMod recovery v6.0.4.3 and a version of cyanogenmod (it's rooted).

The only thing i didn't try is to wipe data and factory reset. I want to keep this as the last resort.
I read online that it could even be an hardware problem so even a wipe data and a factory reset shouldn't work.
In any case i wonder if it's possible to recover any of the internal folders. I have made a backup two months ago but in the mean time I added phone numbers (that i haven't saved), photo, video and messages.

If anyone has any idea i'm glad to hear them. Thanks in advance for any answer

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
Was it recognized by Odin 3 before? If not you can try an older version.

OP
M

Manuel.95

Reaction score
Was it recognized by Odin 3 before? If not you can try an older version.
It was. I tried the version i used to flash cyanogenmod initially and it was not recognized. A simple driver uninstall made both versions (last and what i used) recognize my phone now. What can i do now? If i install another rom my previous data should be erased right?