root on jellybean upgrade???

AnnaP7612

Reaction score
so ive heard all this about rooting phones, i got the jellybean update over 3 months ago- and im hearing this update cant be rooted??? oh and i have NO IDEA about any tech terms for phones...so can someone please help me? and if you can please do it in lame mans terms..hahaa thanks.

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
so ive heard all this about rooting phones, i got the jellybean update over 3 months ago- and im hearing this update cant be rooted??? oh and i have NO IDEA about any tech terms for phones...so can someone please help me? and if you can please do it in lame mans terms..hahaa thanks.
Pardon my skepticism but I doubt you got JB on your phone 3 months ago. First, what exactly is the question? We'd be glad to offer assistance but can you be more specific in terms of what is it you want to know?

OP
A

AnnaP7612

Reaction score
no I have the regular razr...not the maxx. yes I was told my verizon is the jellybean.. 4.0.4.... but the person who told me this was wrong... I'm sorry I just looked it up and it says it's the ice cream sandwich? so, I guess my questions still the same... can i root this phone....and how exactly do I do this??? sorry for the confusion

The Stig 04

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P (VZ) & S7 Edge (TMO)
no I have the regular razr...not the maxx. yes I was told my verizon is the jellybean.. 4.0.4.... but the person who told me this was wrong... I'm sorry I just looked it up and it says it's the ice cream sandwich? so, I guess my questions still the same... can i root this phone....and how exactly do I do this??? sorry for the confusion

First you do have ice cream sandwich and second you can root using matt's utility version 1.82 in the link. Before you root I strongly advise you educate yourself by reading first before you jump into it. If you brick you can always go back to stock but still....

http://www.droidrzr.com/index.php/topic/4654-droid-razr-utility-182-windows-for-verizon-droid-razr-and-droid-razr-maxx-only/

Last edited: