Root on Incredible 2

hbsurfer

Reaction score
Can anyone help me here?
it seems like ever since I did the root and GB whenever i get a text when i am on a call...it cuts off from my bluetooth and goes to the head set!
anyone got any ideas??
thanks!

enlightened

Super Moderator
Reaction score
hbsurfer, you need to be more patient. Slow down, read some more about what you're doing before getting yourself into more trouble. Many of your questions have been asked and answered.

cosmo33w

Reaction score
Got Root!!

I seem to remember having the same issue. If i remember right, If you Reflash the busybox patch [PATCH] Install Superuser, Busybox and Rooted Kernel (For Use After Obtaining S-OFF) - xda-developers it fixed my issue.

also you could download busybox off the market and then install SuperUser yourself to see if that might help.

Thanks man, that did the trick. I downloaded titanium back up and rom manager, and have backed up everything. Will research a little more before i flash a new rom. Thanks again.....

hbsurfer

Reaction score
sorry enlightened! but i was "jumped on" for asking questions. And i have been doing such without issue. and getting great help! and since when was i in trouble for someone being rude to me? and yes...i DO reasearch too! i am just not that tech-savvy and wanting to learn! this layout isn't all that easy sometimes!
but thank you still!

hbsurfer

Reaction score
Need some help!!! Urgent!!!

I have to return my phone because of a couple issues!
1- syncing
2- the bluetooth cuts off from my headset when i get a text message while i'm on a call and goes to handset! annoying considering it's a "smartphone" and shouldn't do that.

i NEED:
- to fix this
or
- need to know if i can unroot it yet to return it to VZW as they are sending a new one!

Please help!
Thanks!!!

hbsurfer

Reaction score
ok got all the downloads and ready to do this but i need that file called
"incredible2 unroot" that he has on his homescreen and needs!
where do i get that?
do i need my battery in to do this?

guns

Reaction score
i guess doing a factory reset wont take the phone back to 2.2 either? tired of all these factory apps on my phone! i did update so i guess im kinda sol until a new root is released for the update unless the factory reset will take it back to 2.2?

enlightened

Super Moderator
Reaction score
i guess doing a factory reset wont take the phone back to 2.2 either? tired of all these factory apps on my phone! i did update so i guess im kinda sol until a new root is released for the update unless the factory reset will take it back to 2.2?

Factory reset will not take it back to 2.2. You have to wait until root is available for 2.3.

guns

Reaction score

Factory reset will not take it back to 2.2. You have to wait until root is available for 2.3.
thats what i thought... thx alot!

hbsurfer

Reaction score
enlightened!!! you talking to him or me?
will it work for me too on my dinc2 if i'm rooted?
i hope!!!!!
instead of going through all that other stuff in the video with downloads etc..???
i need to send my dinc2 back to verizon bcuz of issues!