2.3.3 rooting

Darkpsycho

Reaction score
If you want root for gingerbread loaded phones... XTC Clip. nothing else for the time being.

ABQNM

Reaction score
what about gingerbreak? is that able to work, it works for the droid X, how about the incredible?

Nope. All known software exploits do not work on Gingerbread for the dinc2.

Sent from my brain using human to phone transport technology.

Im going CRAZY over this!

In time I am sure it will be handled. Being new to HTC, I thought Moto was bad about locking things down (they are with bootloaders), but HTC seems to be getting really good at locking things up.

incrediboy729

Reaction score

jaydoubledub

Reaction score
ditto!
Tired of bloatware. I don't even use the sense ui. you can't really customise it and it doesn't show the clock app in the app drawer. I don't use vcast or any of the other pre-installed apps and games.....
I will give a new shiny nickel to the person who figures out root for 2.3.3!

Darkpsycho

Reaction score
Sense UI is that bad even though this is my first smart phone. It will happen. Good things come to people who wait. And the bloatware hasn't noticebly slowed down the phone. Out of sight out of mind. But i still hope for root soon just so I can mess around with different time and looks

Sent from my Droid Incredible 2

xmguy

Reaction score
I've got my Inc 2 in a dock and am using it as a clock until I can root it and get CM7 on. I'm using my rooted Continuum until someone gets 2.3 rooted.

OP
woahdroid

woahdroid

Reaction score
I've got my Inc 2 in a dock and am using it as a clock until I can root it and get CM7 on. I'm using my rooted Continuum until someone gets 2.3 rooted.

WOOOOOT got my droid 2 rooted and loving it.. bye bye verizon bloatware~!!!!!!!!!!:icon_ banana:dancedroid:motdroidhoriz::motdroidvert::blackdroid::heart:

Darkpsycho

Reaction score
WOOOOOT got my droid 2 rooted and loving it.. bye bye verizon bloatware~!!!!!!!!!!:icon_ banana:dancedroid:motdroidhoriz::motdroidvert::blackdroid::heart:
Honestly removing bloatware doesn't really make a significant change to the phone at all. Though any recommendations on roms? I have CM7 and Miui but Miui is too ipodish and CM7 is only nightlies. I'm d/ling Virtuous Unity going to try that for a little bit. I actually really like stock atm so i'm sticking with it xD

OP
woahdroid

woahdroid

Reaction score
I'm using sense 3.0. Looking now. And you're right. The bloatware isn't that bad. But still niceb to see it gone.

Sent from my Incredible Sensation using DroidForums

Darkpsycho

Reaction score
Yea virtuous unity is sense 3. I like it but does anyone have a problem with getting texts from 6250(Verizon)? I keep getting them even though i removed the feature