Just got DINC2

aretardedorange

Reaction score
I just got my DINC2. Coming from D1 from Motorola. I have a few questions. My phone had 2.3.3 installed already I think. It did some sort of update. But it had 2.3.3 on it before the update. Can I root the phone or no?

Honestly I don't even care about rooting. I only had rooted my D1 because I needed widgets and wanted to make it faster. The DINC 2 seems fine performance wise I just wanted Sense 3.0. Any word if HTC is releasing Sense 3.0 on DINC2?

thaDroidz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Gingerbread was just realeased, some phones are coming with it already.
We've had our 3 weeks and got the ota update.
As of right now 2.3 (gingerbread) cannot be rooted, but I feel it will be soon.

Got 2 dinc2 for the kids and they are smooth and crisp, boat loads of memory and bunches of internal storage... only need I see for root is removing the preinstalled apps
(Bloat)
With built-in "skins" and a few others floating around I don't even see the need to root for theming..

This will all change if I upgrade from my rooted d1 in December to one of these.

posted tomorrow using the space time continuum app on my D1...

HTCuser

Reaction score
They have a rom for the inc2 for sense 3.0 its a gingerbread rom but HTC won't be officially updating it to 3.0 but u said it had 2.3 already right? Well anyways root will help bcuz if they stop supporting this phone then ppl with root will be able to maybe get 4.0 if some ppl make it

Sent from my ADR6350 using DroidForums