Root is causing TONS of problems. HELP!

bd1212

Reaction score
Here, download the program in the link below. It will allow you to download the 2.2 SBF file, RSD Lite 4.8 and whatever else you might need... it really helped me out so far in terms of saving time of me searching endlessly for what I needed.

Link: Downloader for 2.2 SBF.exe

***MODS: If this is against the rules, please delete this post! I am only trying to help a fellow member and am not trying to break any rules, but if I am, please remove this post.***

Bump on this post. This program is very easy to use and contains RSD Lite 4.8 and the FULL Froyo 2.2 SBF file. All you need to do is click on the name of whatever you want to download and click "Download". Once it is done, it will appear on your desktop.

This program saved my countless hours of searching for the programs using google or the like.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
@bd1212 & @furbearingmammal

Im still rooted. I now just went into the setting on the DX and did a system reset to wipe everything and now everything seems to work again. im still rooted b/c i can use drocap2 and rootexplorer. i have not put the Droid X Recovery by Koush back on yet or Rom Manager. I'm guessing one of those was causing my problems with not being able to access the Market, Gmail, etc. Unless a system reset just solved all my problems? What is my next step? Should I install Bootstrap now? What the best way to finish my rooting process. all i have done so far was use z4root to root my phone, i uninstalled the Bootstrap and deleted the files in the system folder. i also removed rom manager. so now im assuming ive started fresh again with just root.
If you want to do ROMs you'll need Bootstrap and RM. If you just want root then you're good to go with it rooted this way. If you want backups you'll need RM to flash Clockwork.

Here's a helpful link; just remember that you're on an X and not the D2 when reading the instructions. ;)

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-2-hacks/91760-droid-2-hacking-rom-install-class.html

bd1212

Reaction score

Im still rooted. I now just went into the setting on the DX and did a system reset to wipe everything and now everything seems to work again. im still rooted b/c i can use drocap2 and rootexplorer. i have not put the Droid X Recovery by Koush back on yet or Rom Manager. I'm guessing one of those was causing my problems with not being able to access the Market, Gmail, etc. Unless a system reset just solved all my problems? What is my next step? Should I install Bootstrap now? What the best way to finish my rooting process. all i have done so far was use z4root to root my phone, i uninstalled the Bootstrap and deleted the files in the system folder. i also removed rom manager. so now im assuming ive started fresh again with just root.

I'd suggest using Bootstrapper and flashing a custom ROM/theme. A good ROM is rubiX focused and a good theme is the Juice theme for rubiX focused. If you have gtalk and would like, I can try to help you get through the process... even though I don't have a DX yet lol.

OP
B

budmonster

Here, download the program in the link below. It will allow you to download the 2.2 SBF file, RSD Lite 4.8 and whatever else you might need... it really helped me out so far in terms of saving time of me searching endlessly for what I needed.

***MODS: If this is against the rules, please delete this post! I am only trying to help a fellow member and am not trying to break any rules, but if I am, please remove this post.***

Bump on this post. This program is very easy to use and contains RSD Lite 4.8 and the FULL Froyo 2.2 SBF file. All you need to do is click on the name of whatever you want to download and click "Download". Once it is done, it will appear on your desktop.

This program saved my countless hours of searching for the programs using google or the like.

my DX came with 2.2. if I ever need flash stock 2.2 back on my phone, for whatever reason, do I use the "DROID X 2.2 SBF" file from that "TimeBomb" app you just sent me?

bd1212

Reaction score

my DX came with 2.2. if I ever need flash stock 2.2 back on my phone, for whatever reason, do I use the "DROID X 2.2 SBF" file from that "TimeBomb" app you just sent me?

Yes. You click on "DROID X 2.2 SBF" and then let that download and then download "RSD Lite 4.8" and install it. After you've got that installed, use RSD Lite 4.8 to flash the sbf onto your phone and your phone will be as if you just bought it.

OP
B

budmonster

I'd suggest using Bootstrapper and flashing a custom ROM/theme. A good ROM is rubiX focused and a good theme is the Juice theme for rubiX focused. If you have gtalk and would like, I can try to help you get through the process... even though I don't have a DX yet lol.

lol the bootstrapper seems to be giving me problems or rom mananger. b/c before i had z4root, bootstrapper and rm all installed and my phone went nuts, nothing worked. now i jsut have z4root and my phone now works after a system reset.

my gtalk is [email protected]

bd1212

Reaction score

lol the bootstrapper seems to be giving me problems or rom mananger. b/c before i had z4root, bootstrapper and rm all installed and my phone went nuts, nothing worked. now i jsut have z4root and my phone now works after a system reset.

my gtalk is [email protected]

That's quite strange. I just added you on gtalk.

OP
B

budmonster

If you want to do ROMs you'll need Bootstrap and RM. If you just want root then you're good to go with it rooted this way. If you want backups you'll need RM to flash Clockwork.

Here's a helpful link; just remember that you're on an X and not the D2 when reading the instructions. ;)

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-2-hacks/91760-droid-2-hacking-rom-install-class.html

so i dont need bootstrap to use rom mananger for backups?

but if i want to use roms i have to have bootstrap?

am i correct on both of those questions lol?

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
rom manager uses bootstrapper to make backups. it wont boot into anything to make the backup without it.

ROMs you dont actually need Rom Manager u can get them off of here.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
Right. Bootstrap is only for ROMs. It fools the bootloader.

:Edit:

Or not. However, if it lets Clockwork load without having to do multiple battery pulls... :)

Well, I'm out of my element. I'll stay tuned in to see how it comes out. Good luck! :D

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
bootstrap is pretty much clockwork for locked bootloaders. it hijacks the bootprocess when told to do so and you get an alternate recovery. then everything else is pretty much the same in terms of applying roms, wiping, backing up, etc.

it looks like clockwork, does everything like CW, and CW can be flashed over top of it, but thats really not necessary.

OP
B

budmonster

I said screw it and just wanted to go back to stock so I decided to flash VRZ_MB810_2.3.15_1FF_01.sbf using RSDLite. It worked but threw my phone into bootloop at the red eye. I had to hold the power button and home button to boot in the DX stock recovery so I could wipe/factory reset the phone. Once I did that it returned my phone back to stock I'm guessing, it looks the same as when I first got it so I'm assuming it worked.

I just have two more questions, is VRZ_MB810_2.3.15_1FF_01.sbf the right SBF to use for my phone.

Second, can someone please tell me what the most updated DX settings (verison build, prl, etc.) are?
Here is what my phone says:
System version: Version.2.3.15.MB810.Verizon.en.US
Model: DROIDX
Android: 2.2
Baseband: BP_C_01.09.07P
Kernel: 2.6.32.9
Build number: VZW
ERI: 5
PRL: 52105

bd1212

Reaction score
I said screw it and just wanted to go back to stock so I decided to flash VRZ_MB810_2.3.15_1FF_01.sbf using RSDLite. It worked but threw my phone into bootloop at the red eye. I had to hold the power button and home button to boot in the DX stock recovery so I could wipe/factory reset the phone. Once I did that it returned my phone back to stock I'm guessing, it looks the same as when I first got it so I'm assuming it worked.

I just have two more questions, is VRZ_MB810_2.3.15_1FF_01.sbf the right SBF to use for my phone.

Second, can someone please tell me what the most updated DX settings (verison build, prl, etc.) are?
Here is what my phone says:
System version: Version.2.3.15.MB810.Verizon.en.US
Model: DROIDX
Android: 2.2
Baseband: BP_C_01.09.07P
Kernel: 2.6.32.9
Build number: VZW
ERI: 5
PRL: 52105

Seems pretty up to date. The only system version I've seen higher than that is 2.3.20 but that doesn't have a full SBF yet, only a system SBF. PRL changes depending on where you live, so that's out of the question. Don't know about ERI and the kernel, but I'm assuming all the other stuff is fully up to date.